Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the signs of a burnt out clutch other than the smell. what does clutch slipping sound/feel like? just curious... wen do u know that u need a new clutch. i let a buddy try to drive my car cause he was being such a little bitch and the smell of burnt clutch was strong as ever

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
And that is where you made your first mistake. I am guessing this annoying pall of yours doesn't know how to drive stick *sigh*.

Anyway you will generally know a slipping clutch when you see it. The engine RPMs will raise faster then they should when you hit the gas. A good way to check for this is shift into 3rd, 4th or 5th and keep the engine revs low 1500-2000rpms and then floor it, if the rpms jump up instead of slowly raising then the clutch is slipping.
-Matt

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah sounds like he was practicing his drag racing launches and was slipping the clutch a lot. What you need to do is grab a 2X4 and hit him the back of the head for not treating you and your car with respect. When I drive a friends car which is not often or I rent a car I drive them easier then I drive my own car. I don't like to owe people so I choose not to take those risks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts