Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have about 87,000 miles on her (yeah i drive a lot) and the clutch is starting to slip on me. I called two places so far (one being the dealer) and the dealer has given me the lowest price of labor. 550 Labor and 385 for parts. I was thinking of putting in an Exedy OEM clutch which i can get off the net for 180 shipped. The dealer says they cannot warranty the part if i didn't buy it at a Mazda dealer. I think they warranty the work and part for 12,000 miles or 12 months. So what would you guys do? The other shop i called wants 1196.00 for the job. You know its a ripoff if its more than the dealer. Please any help is greatly appreciated. I'm in New Jersey so if anyone knows some reputable good shops...

thanks..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Try repairpal.com. Might help you find a better place to do the work for less money. It definitely did for me. I found a good place that quoted parts/labor about $400 cheaper than what the dealer is quoting you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a buddy of mine that knows a guy that owns a shop. Said he would do it for 350 if i buy the parts. I bought the clutch a couple hours ago from TH Motorsports. They were super cool and helped me out with shipping. I got the Exedy Stage 1 clutch kit. Hopefully all works out well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.