Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Mazda3 5 door, 5 speed and after owning the car for a little more then a week and already having it in for warranty repair, I find myself looking and listening for any problems with the car. Everytime I depress the cluth about 1/3 of downward travel, I hear a very slight clicking noise. Everytime, including while depressing it to shift. Its very similar to the clicking noise you here in automatic cars when pressing the brake to release the locking mechanism, allowing the car to move from Park to drive or reverse, etc. I'm just curious if any other 5 speed MZ3 owners have the same sound on there clutches, and if not what I should do about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked, All clear

Never Mind, I took a trip to a local Mazda dealer and the noise checked out on another car, I guess it's just one of the cars many quirks (but ya gotta love it!) anyways, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
That clicking sound you hear is probably the safety switch added to standard transmissons to prevent the car from starting unless the clutch is pressed. Basically the car won't start if the clutch isn't pressed, preventing accidents in case you forget it in gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts