Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I am Aris from Greece.
my fother has a CX7 and has a huge problem with its clutch. a few weeks ago, while he was descending a road, he descided to stop and using the reverse climb back. the road was not very difficult to go up, but the CX7 failed to go up (!). he went then to a mazda authorized garage and changed all the clutch system. the sailesman there informed him that CX7 has some "issues" when the engine is on lower RPMs (below 2500rpm i think) and that mazda has released an ECU tuning to make the situation better (i think probably giving more torque at the "before turbo" RPM range). does anyone has the same probleme as our CX7? or does anyone has heard about such a ECU tuning by the official Mazda?
thanks in advance

PS: since i am from greece, my native language is not english! thus i make a lot of mistakes! please excuse them!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
First off that you have a clutch makes me jealous of you. The US is stuck with autos only.

First is it a clutch issue or a TCS issue? Were the tires spinning? The TCS will nanny you and apply brakes and cut power to keep tires from spinning. Did your dad turn it off when he started off backwards?

Clutches are really basic. Let them out and they engage. If your fathers clutch techniques are not correct he can damage ie burn up the disk and then it will slip.

The CX7 turbo comes in at 2300 rpm and this has nearly full torque at that speed.

A video would have helped us see what he did and what occured.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts