Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Eversince 15k miles I've been having problems with my clutch pedal. The dealer has allready replaced 3 pedals. Now they are telling me that this is normal behaviour for my clutch. I am not buying it. The clutch pedal is making a click noise.

The dealer told me, that he talked to Mazda engineers and that they assured him that this behaviour is normal because in 2005 they made clutch pedals out of composite material. This noise is driving me crazy!

When I first bought the car it did not make this noise, and now they are telling me that this is normal.
Please, if you have a 2005 Mazda3i, take a loot at your clutch pedal and tell me what is it made out of? Is it making making click/clunk noise when you press the pedal? The dealer doesnt want to replace yet another clutch pedal, and they are really pissing me off. You guys are one step away from me calling the consumer protection agency with the attorney general.

Here are the specs from my vin:
Year: 2005
Make: Mazda
Model: Mazda3 i
Style/Body: 4 Door Sedan
Engine: 2.0L I-4 MPI DOHC
Country of Assembly: Japan

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
If you pedal clicks as you press it down/let it back up that is the clutch sensor switch that enables the ignition on the car. that IS a normal click. If the noise is coming from within the engine bay then maybe it isn't normal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It clicks and clunks from within the cabin. I can understand that the clicking is due to cheap kill switches, but the clunk when you press the pedal is just bad!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts