Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a modification to my slave cylinder to see if it would help high clutch release as there is no adjustment provided by Mazda's design. See thread http://www.mazda3forums.com/61-powertrain-2004-2009-mazda3/758793-slave-cylinder-modification-adjust-clutch-release-height.html

It worked great for over 70 miles then slowly self adjusted back to where I started. The obvious thing is to adjust the master cylinder stroke. That is how cars with adjustment capability do it. Due to the design and construction I can't come up with a way to do it.

Any suggestions are welcome. Racers feel free to tell how you set up your clutches to get a lower pedal release. My pedal engages about 3 inches up with about 1 inch of free play.

I'm running a stock flywheel(had it machined) with a M-PACT stage 1 clutch I purchased from Rockauto. Curious if it is the clutch.
FYI: I bought the 2004 mazda 3s with a blown 2.3 and put a 2.5 Fusion engine in it. Don't know what it was like before the modifications and have no prior experience driving this model so I have no comparison from before. Just what I know now.

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts