Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've had this clunking problem since the installation of the Hotchkis Sways, each time it has been the bolts coming loose until I found a way of retighting them. Recently, one of the brackets that hold the bushings broke. I've replaced the bracket and I've had the clunks since...these brackets came with bushings the size 0f 1-1/4 not exactly 32mm. Now I don't know if this is why? I also noticed that the passenger stock endlink is at an angle like \ and the driver side endlink like | Can Anyone in confirm if this is right? or I might need to replace the endlinks. thanks in advance for any helpful info..

·
Registered
358 Posts
If your bolts are not the exact correct size that is definitely an issue. Even a little movement will be accentuated because of the heavy loads put on the suspension. Not sure about the endlinks though...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
[quote author=Nomanchez link=topic=136154.msg2933084#msg2933084 date=1234488900]I also noticed that the passenger stock endlink is at an angle like \ and the driver side endlink like | Can Anyone in confirm if this is right? or I might need to replace the endlinks. thanks in advance for any helpful info..
[/quote]

i installed hotchkis sways today, i have the same angles with mine too. i wasn't sure about it but it didn't seem like a big deal, but i'm getting some clunking as well. i put springs on after the sways so maybe they just didn't get tight enough, i'll report back tomorrow after i try and figure out what it was. i have no idea about the endlinks though.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
okay i think my problem may be that i installed the endlinks with the car off the ground, need to reinstall them with the full weight of the car on the suspension. hopefully that's the issue, gotta wait for my buddy to get to his garage so i can get up on some ramps.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
yes, i just finished the fixing and it was a couple things. in the front, the 17mm bolts in the center of the towers were not tight enough (i changed my springs yesterday too) and i also got up on ramps and re-installed the endlinks and now no more clunking up front.

in the back it turned out the sway was upside down anyway...duh lol. so i got up on ramps and completely redid the back...no more noise. success!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Note, I've installed these sways on a lift as well as on ramps and this problem still keeps annoying me... I guess the angles of the endlinks are perfectly normal from what I could tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts