Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,817 Posts
I used loctite on my endlink bolts, tightened them real tight, put a sheet of 1/8" thick polyurethane shim behind the bushings before I bolted them down, and I have no clunk. I run a V1 progress with the hose clamp fix to prevent sliding.

· Registered
5,817 Posts
it seems to be an issue with all sway bars for the mazda3. There are many reports of Racing Beat bars clunking as well, some who have used both report that the RB bars do it even worse.

· Registered
5,817 Posts
I'll second that its probably our endlinks that are responsible, they are pretty flimsy.

· Registered
5,817 Posts
well, nobody is really SURE its the endlinks. I suspect that overtorquing the endlinks might be bad as well, as this might cause them to bind up. It is also possibly related to the bushings, shimming my bushings helped get ride of mine. Also, I tend to think that the modified progress V1 bar (hose clamps+tubing) is a quieter way of preventing side to side motion than the hard stops on the V2 bar. Its probably a bunch of different clunks, as opposed to one thing being the same source for every case.

· Registered
5,817 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.