Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,086 Posts
Re: HELP NEEDED: Clunk with Progress V2 Rear Sway Bar

Did you get it resolved yet?

· Registered
1,086 Posts
So even the new progress bars that are selling right now will still have that clunk? Meaning they didn't do squat to fix it.

· Registered
1,086 Posts
So this company can engineer and manufacture a sway bar but can't get rid of the clunk? This bar has been available for many months and they have sold many units of it. No progress has been made to get rid of the noise completely, once and for all? They need to change their company name lol.

· Registered
1,086 Posts
So if all it requires is torquing the end links properly. Then why can't Progress come out with the recommended torque spec so everyone can enjoy their sway bar without worries?

· Registered
1,086 Posts
How do you guys use a torque wrench when tightening the end links? You need to insert the allen key in center of the bolt to prevent the bolt from spinning. So how do you fit the socket over it? I had to use a open-end wrench along with the allen key which means I didn't use the torque wrench.

· Registered
1,086 Posts
Yeah well you still need to counter the turning of the bolt with the allen key. The only way I conceived of doing it is by having the allen key resting on other parts of the car as torque is applied to the nut. When I am done, I needed to turn the nut back just enough so the tension on the allen key resting/pushing against the car will be released so the key will fall back out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.