Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
897 Posts
Mine clunks as well, but it's not too bothersome IMO. I think it's just shifting in the bushings.

One fix I saw was to place some poly sheets under the bushings, did you see/try that Bearda?

· Registered
897 Posts
Really; well maybe I'll have to get under the car again and have a look. Did you use a tq wrench, or just crank the hell out of them?

Also, do you happen to know what size allen the endlink uses? iirc my set didn't quite have the right size.

· Registered
897 Posts
[quote author=zimmerDN link=topic=74272.msg1537893#msg1537893 date=1183655825]
So this company can engineer and manufacture a sway bar but can't get rid of the clunk? This bar has been available for many months and they have sold many units of it. No progress has been made to get rid of the noise completely, once and for all? They need to change their company name lol.
[/quote]

Well, based on bearda's experience, it's an issue with tightening the endlinks, not with the design of the bar. I don't fault Progress at this point; the endlinks are a raging pain in the ass to tighten, and it's very likely I just didn't tighten them hard enough.

I'll give mine a crack with some loctite and brute force and report any change in the clunk. I'll probably get to it sometime next week.

· Registered
897 Posts
The endlink nuts are pretty beefy; I wouldn't be worried about hurting them with the impact wrench, so long as a measure of caution is exercised. Hopefully, they should never have to come off, so no worries there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.