Mazda3 Forums banner

Just out of curiosity...If cost was not an issue, which would you pick for your new Mazda3:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally prefer leather. Looks and feels better and I don't mind the maintenance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I like the leather and all, but I'd be worried about it - hot in summer, cold in winter - no food or drink in the car so nothing gets on it. And then there's the possibility of cracking, especially if it's cheap - I worry about that considering what class of car we're talking about.

Bluntman - I love your Avatar! It's got Simpsons and makes fun of Ricers all at once! Double Bonus! :twisted:

·
Registered
420 Posts
budgy said:
The leather in the 3 is fake anyways, probably easier to clean leather then cloth.
Feels and looks like leather to me!

The hot and cold thing is overblown. I've had 3 cars with leather and it's never been an issue. As for it cracking, that shouldn't be an issue if you take care of it. Neglect is the main reason you see leather seats cracking. Oh, and cleaning spills, etc. is a snap. Hawaiian Punch, or whatever, won't stain. Just take a damp cloth and wipe it up; can't say that about cloth......... :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, leather that is cared for can last a long long time.
I have leather in my 91 Mustang and it barely even shows signs of wear. But I always make sure to condition and clean it a few times a year.

·
Registered
420 Posts
USCMazda3 said:
BMM3 said:
budgy said:
Oh, and cleaning spills, etc. is a snap. Hawaiian Punch, or whatever, won't stain. Just take a damp cloth and wipe it up; can't say that about cloth......... :D
Here's an idea: Don't drink Hawaiian Punch in your car.
:idea: It was only for reference; and try telling your 4 year old they can't take their drink with them :roll: :idea:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Leather is definitely the way to go. If we could get two tone leather that would be even better.

·
Registered
272 Posts
BMM3 said:
USCMazda3 said:
BMM3 said:
budgy said:
Oh, and cleaning spills, etc. is a snap. Hawaiian Punch, or whatever, won't stain. Just take a damp cloth and wipe it up; can't say that about cloth......... :D
:idea: It was only for reference; and try telling your 4 year old they can't take their drink with them :roll: :idea:
I've already said this in another thread, but I do not eat/drink/smoke/etc. in my car or anyone else's.

When I was 4 years old, I never ate, drank, puked, or crapped in my parents' cars. If anything of the like was necessary, it was done before we left home or taken care of during a stop enroute. Discipline.

·
Registered
78 Posts
USCMazda3 said:
BMM3 said:
USCMazda3 said:
BMM3 said:
budgy said:
I've already said this in another thread, but I do not eat/drink/smoke/etc. in my car or anyone else's.

When I was 4 years old, I never ate, drank, puked, or crapped in my parents' cars. If anything of the like was necessary, it was done before we left home or taken care of during a stop enroute. Discipline.
Haha crapping in a car...niiiicee 8)

I personally think both interiors suck in the 3, I got cloth and I hate the nasty red inserts.

I'm gonna do a custom two tone leather from Katzkin or somewhere else as soon as its made...thats why I didn't get the Mazda $500 leather..I'm gonna use that twords some goood sheeit

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yeah, Katzkin makes nice stuff. If I was going to get leather in my 3, I would save my money and go with Katzkin once they develop a product for the 3.

·
Registered
256 Posts
grooverider said:
USCMazda3 said:
BMM3 said:
USCMazda3 said:
BMM3 said:
budgy said:

I personally think both interiors suck in the 3, I got cloth and I hate the nasty red inserts.

I'm gonna do a custom two tone leather from Katzkin or somewhere else as soon as its made...thats why I didn't get the Mazda $500 leather..I'm gonna use that twords some goood sheeit
I'm just throwing in my $0.02 to see how many quotes in quotes we can stack up :twisted:

I disagree about the cloth interior BTW, in my opinion they are the nicest cloth seats in their class by far. But if you're going with custom leather I want pictures when you're done.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Cloth.

The cloth seats available in the Mazda 3 are pretty good IMHO. The stitching they provide for the two tone affect also seems to provide a nice, yet, subtle texture in which to hold your body in place in the seat.

The Leather is not bad, but I didn't want to pay the extra $$ for it. Also, out here in the Bay Area, CA, summer time provides all those people parked outside the shade, with black leather seats, an instant experience of flash-frying the butt.

my 2 cents,

·
Registered
78 Posts
EnFuego138 said:
grooverider said:
USCMazda3 said:
BMM3 said:
USCMazda3 said:
BMM3 said:
budgy said:

I'm just throwing in my $0.02 to see how many quotes in quotes we can stack up :twisted:

I disagree about the cloth interior BTW, in my opinion they are the nicest cloth seats in their class by far. But if you're going with custom leather I want pictures when you're done.
quote..quote...quote..heh.

I should have been more clear, the quality of the cloth is great, I just wish it was all black....not a big fan of the pattern of the two tone.

·
Registered
238 Posts
grooverider said:
EnFuego138 said:
grooverider said:
USCMazda3 said:
BMM3 said:
USCMazda3 said:
BMM3 said:
budgy said:

quote..quote...quote..heh.

I should have been more clear, the quality of the cloth is great, I just wish it was all black....not a big fan of the pattern of the two tone.
another quote.......hahaha
i totally agree.......the black/gray two tone is as far as i go........i didnt really like the looks of the other two tones

·
Registered
420 Posts
USCMazda3 said:
BMM3 said:
USCMazda3 said:
BMM3 said:
budgy said:

Well, aren't you just perfect. Think you could come babysit sometime? Apparently my son needs a little discipline. :roll: You've got alot of nerve making remarks like that, you snotty p***k. :evil: Let's keep these forums too cars, not about your views on raising kids and the like :D

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
After a week, I'd probably forget that I was driving a leather Mazda3.

I'm favoring red cloth right now, but, I'd rather have the leather than the black/blue seats.

·
Registered
272 Posts
BMM3 said:
Well, aren't you just perfect. Think you could come babysit sometime? Apparently my son needs a little discipline. :roll: You've got alot of nerve making remarks like that, you snotty p***k. :evil: Let's keep these forums too cars, not about your views on raising kids and the like :D
My, my. What do we have here? Oh, I know...A personal attack/insult. And then you end your post with a smilie? Nice try.

I'm not sure what you're so angry about. I said that I had discipline. I never implied that your kid lacked it. You went out of your way to misconstrue my post and attack me.

There's nothing more I have to say to you, now or in the future regarding cars, raising children, "and the like."

1 - 20 of 31 Posts