Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:

I'm wondering if there's anyone that is interested in buying a set of brake system like the Brembo and the Rotora kits. Instead, I'm introducing the JBT Brake System. JBT are manufactured in Taiwan like most of the good stuffs we're getting from. It is the largest and known as the best brake system brand in Taiwan. Feel free to check out their website as below.

http://jbt.com.tw/chinese/products.htm

The one we want is the 4 pistons caliper set. NOT THE SMALL 4 PISTONs.

The package includes:
4 Piston Caliper x 2pcs + adapter x 2pcs + Two piece 330mm/13in rotor x 2pcs + brake pads + brake lines.

As compared to Brembo and Rotora, they are all pretty much the same, but different brands, makes.
JBT is a well known brand in Asia, and is made of high quality 7075 aircraft aluminums.

This is a group interest thread, and all we need is a minimum of 3 people to get the GB going. GB price is going to be roughly around $1400 USD. Yes, I know the price is not cheap, and might as well get the Brembo. BUT!! Don't forget this is made of 7075 high quality aluminums and everything you need for your 3. And this is not some crappy brand or low quality stuffs out there. Do a research on JBT before you say NO to it. JBT is very famous in ASIA countries.

Also,

JBT passed the DTC approval on 20th November 2008.
JBT SEMA SHOW IN LAS VEGAS on 2008.11.04~2008.11.8. http://104net.net/system/modules/news/article.php?storyid=327&uid=532
TuV approval on 2008.01.14.
JBT shows on Japan ES4 magazine cover on. http://104net.net/system/modules/news/article.php?storyid=238&uid=532
JBT shows on American IMPORT TURNER magazine cover. http://104net.net/system/modules/news/article.php?storyid=236&uid=532

Feel free to ask me questions......

GI List:
1. LuXuEuX
2. benben01

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: GI: JBT CALIPER Brake System!!! ONLY 3 NEEDED!!!

price

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Well, JBT is not some crappy brand out there. You can go google it and find JBT users from different forums and they'll tell you it's really great!! BTW, I have friends that used to use the Wilwood and changed over to JBT and loved it.

Maybe we need a person that has tried other brands of brake systems to test this out and do a review on it. MSG me if one of you guys are interested in doing a review for JBT!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I know they're expensive, but you gotta know that this is pretty much the same as the Rotora Big Brake Kit, but different brand names. JBT and Rotora both use the "floating" disc assembly. If this JBT kit puts the "Brembo" name tag on, the price will be around $1800 like the Rotora's.
The reason why the Brembo kit for our 3 is cheaper($1500-1600) is because of the rotors.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

WELL, it's kinda overkill if you have a NA car and only use the car for daily driving.
But, here, we have parties where lots of cars get together and drive around the hills, parks, and lots of other place. I'm in Winnipeg, Canada now, and half of the year is all SNOW which pisses me off. When I was in Taiwan, we used to have friends that race in the mountains. like the Initial D!~~ LOL~!~ That's when you need this!!!!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts

i run my car hard in the mountains and find they only need just a little bit more braking. Better pads, and lines with new rotors fixes that. No need for a big break kit on our cars unless you want to say you have a big break kit.

But good luck with the GB if you get enough people.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

It's true, but you still feel a lot difference once you installed the BBK ^^"
Yeah!! Thanks BTW......

·
Registered
533 Posts

also what is the clearance on these? I am assuming they would not fit with the stock wheels.....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

[quote author=peeaanuut link=topic=138876.msg2997224#msg2997224 date=1237220089]
also what is the clearance on these? I am assuming they would not fit with the stock wheels.....
[/quote]

You're right!!! You'll need a spacer in the middle, or get aftermarket rims, since the factory rims offset are so high and will not clear it. But when people are about to change to BBK, their rims should be aftermarket already!! ^^"

·
Registered
116 Posts

my corncern is at some point you are sacrificing tire size for a BBK, and as people have stated its just not worth it for performance.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

[quote author=arcticms3 link=topic=138876.msg2998513#msg2998513 date=1237251320]
my corncern is at some point you are sacrificing tire size for a BBK, and as people have stated its just not worth it for performance.
[/quote]

Well, if you have some money laying around, this is definately a good MOD to play with. You'll actually be amazed when you're braking during corners.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

We need 3 in total, and I'm in myself too.

1. LuXuEuX
2. benben01

·
Registered
533 Posts

oh dont get me wrong, your braking will be DRAMATICALLY improved. But for most it might be overkill. However, behind the right set of wheels they look ubber sex.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts

From experience with a LOT of BBK's, your street braking is not really improved much. The larger rotors counter any weight savings from floating hats. The only place you notice a BBK's benefits are on the track where you have repeated and frequent very hard stops. Then, you just get the benefit of no fade, not really better stopping distance.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=138876.msg2998922#msg2998922 date=1237264306]
From experience with a LOT of BBK's, your street braking is not really improved much. The larger rotors counter any weight savings from floating hats. The only place you notice a BBK's benefits are on the track where you have repeated and frequent very hard stops. Then, you just get the benefit of no fade, not really better stopping distance.
[/quote]

Yes, you can really notice the improvement in track and also racing along the hills, mountains, hard cornering etc. It really depends on how you drive. You won't be able to notice much if you press your brake like normal daily driving. But if you're already spending the money on tuning up your car, I don't see why not to change to BBK(not for daily drivers unless you want the look of it).

Same idea as do you get performance when you spend 1-3 grand on your rims/tires? Or is it more for looks?

Get what you need and you're happy with it. Don't spend on whole lot of money on tuning up your car if you just use your 3s for daily driving, like cruise down to work n home!! UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY TU BURN!! In that case, go buy a STI, EVO, IS F, 350Z or so... ...

·
Registered
4,723 Posts

[quote author=LuXuEuX link=topic=138876.msg2998991#msg2998991 date=1237266934]
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=138876.msg2998922#msg2998922 date=1237264306]
[/quote]

Yes, you can really notice the improvement in track and also racing along the hills, mountains, hard cornering etc. It really depends on how you drive. You won't be able to notice much if you press your brake like normal daily driving. But if you're already spending the money on tuning up your car, I don't see why not to change to BBK(not for daily drivers unless you want the look of it).

Same idea as do you get performance when you spend 1-3 grand on your rims/tires? Or is it more for looks?

Get what you need and you're happy with it. Don't spend on whole lot of money on tuning up your car if you just use your 3s for daily driving, like cruise down to work n home!! UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY TU BURN!! In that case, go buy a STI, EVO, IS F, 350Z or so... ...
[/quote]

I get a lot of performance out of my wheels/tires. Dropping 5-7lbs per corner is HUGE

1 - 20 of 23 Posts