Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i'm driving an 06 M3-GT. i have manual knobs for controlling the climate. does anyone know if i were to acquire the automated climate control module, would it just plug right in a function properly on my lcd bar? hence is it plug and play?

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
It should, as long as it comes with the wire harness that probably plugs into the back of the head unit somewhere, or your car already has the wire harness back there.

·
Registered
976 Posts
don't think it'd work, one controls the AC with cables and the other controls the AC by wires. But definitely ask the dealer..

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
It won't work, it's an expensive conversion. You need the digital a/c control unit, servos and motors that actuate the vents, wiring if its not there. On my other car the ECU needed to be changed as well. Everyone wants it but it adds up to like $1500+

·
Registered
600 Posts
[quote author=TruboPower link=topic=71732.msg1268646#msg1268646 date=1173940897]
It won't work, it's an expensive conversion. You need the digital a/c control unit, servos and motors that actuate the vents, wiring if its not there. On my other car the ECU needed to be changed as well. Everyone wants it but it adds up to like $1500+
[/quote]

It's just a reprogramming of the ECU. And no it's not possible to change the manutaslfor auto climate. Different cable/wire diagram.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
if you have an 06 .. it might work .. like the VIW retrofit .. but PRE-06 will probably not work .. the wiring behind the dash was practically all new for 06 and the computer and everything is different .. one would probably have to find an Auto Climate unit from overseas somewhere from pre06 Mazda3 to make this work.

Igor

·
Registered
656 Posts
[quote author=-Mazda3GT- link=topic=71732.msg1279930#msg1279930 date=1174430100]
At least get the outside temp display on the LCD
[/quote]

if he's got the 06 M3 - GT he should already have the outside temp, I have the 06 M3 - IT and I have the ambient temp.

·
Registered
656 Posts
[quote author=bigj204 link=topic=71732.msg1297561#msg1297561 date=1175122646]
yeah my ambient temp shows. it's just dumb having an empty space on the lcd display.
[/quote]

Well if you wanted to, you could take apart your LCD screen and then slide a piece of Black text or something that you want behind the glass and it will always show-- you could always get one of those mazda logo things too and put that on if it bothers you that much.

·
Registered
402 Posts
u guys mean that there is hope that i can change the manual climate control into automatic climate control???!!!! :klavergreg:

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
[quote author=5eif link=topic=71732.msg1304601#msg1304601 date=1175440796]
u guys mean that there is hope that i can change the manual climate control into automatic climate control???!!!! :klavergreg:
[/quote]

by purchasing the auto-climate control unit yes, by some magic button sequence, no.

·
Registered
600 Posts
People are not reading the whole thread...

You cannot change the manual climate controls for an automatic one because there are 3 wires connecting to the manual climate controls while there is only 1 connecting to the Automatic climate control.

Then you would need to get the ECU reprogrammed to work with the automatic climate controls but you can't have that done because of the 3 wires of the manual climate control.

If this was possible then a lot of people would have made the switch. Now if someone finds the solution to this, I'll be happy to read it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
[quote author=PierreB link=topic=71732.msg1304779#msg1304779 date=1175449187]
People are not reading the whole thread...

You cannot change the manual climate controls for an automatic one because there are 3 wires connecting to the manual climate controls while there is only 1 connecting to the Automatic climate control.

Then you would need to get the ECU reprogrammed to work with the automatic climate controls but you can't have that done because of the 3 wires of the manual climate control.

If this was possible then a lot of people would have made the switch. Now if someone finds the solution to this, I'll be happy to read it.
[/quote]

ERrr ... And again a wrong answer. I'm really suprissed by the number of people who "think" they know what they are talking about .. when they don't.

There is not 3 wires as opposed to one.

In the manual there is 1 Electrical Wire that connects to the center 1-4 fan blower control, 2 coil wires that open and close the vent's and set the temperature control, and one wire that connects to the circuit board ( the entire unit ) that controls the buttons that are pressed.

The auto only has (1) Wire, that just connects to the circuit board, and everything is controlled through that.

And even if you got some wires to connect and as you put it "reprogrammed your ecu" .. umm no .. that wouldn't help you out.

THe whole difference of the auto and the manual is HUGE, there is something like 6 additional components that are installed under the hood that need to be there in order for the Auto A/C to function.

[quote author=5eif link=topic=71732.msg1304768#msg1304768 date=1175448856]
then where can i get the auto climate control unit??
[/quote]

Your best bet at getting this done is asking your dealer, or going to a mazda dealer. It is probably not even possible, seeing as these are usually stock on the different tier cars, so buy a new car if your mazda dealer says it's not possible.

:closed:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've been wondering about something related to this for some time -- I have an 04 without auto climate, but my LCD display is able to accomodate that information (in the sunlight, I can see the areas where the temp and air flow direction, etc. would show up). does Mazda just use the same LCD display, or does this sound odd?

·
Registered
656 Posts
[quote author=wtbM3Hatch link=topic=71732.msg1327139#msg1327139 date=1176302917]
I've been wondering about something related to this for some time -- I have an 04 without auto climate, but my LCD display is able to accomodate that information (in the sunlight, I can see the areas where the temp and air flow direction, etc. would show up). does Mazda just use the same LCD display, or does this sound odd?
[/quote]

It's not odd, this is not new, there are many threads about this, All of the models and years have the same screen, Mazda just buys the screens from Sanyo Automotive I think it was last time I checked, and then they just enable certain things depending on the model of the car and or the actual systems in the car. So no this is not odd.

And

:closed: :locked:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts