Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys and gals, maybe im just paranoid but for those who have the automatic transmission, when you first step on the brake to shift from park to reverse or drive or whatever, do you hear a clicking noise coming from the shift gate?

this is my routine when i start up the car.

start car.
press on the brake, *this is when i hear that click coming from the shift gate*
Put down the e brake.
then i shift to reverse or drive.

i just noticed tonight that there is a click. anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
That click is perfectly normal - it is called the shift interlock, to prevent you from shifting into gear without having your foot on the brake pedal first.

·
Registered
53 Posts
funkyfreshmonke, I get this sound too in the same situation, but I also get a sound when I use the Sport A/T and downshift. Do you get this too?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Maybe it's a clicking in your leg which is caused by too much braking? Maybe there is some money in this for you? Just a thought...been at work way too long already.

Hasta :p

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
mytiggr said:
funkyfreshmonke, I get this sound too in the same situation, but I also get a sound when I use the Sport A/T and downshift. Do you get this too?
That on the other hand I don't know...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have this problem as well. I agree that it's the shift interlock, but my automatic 2000 Protoge LX didn't make this noise. If it did it was so quiet I didn't notice, this noise in my MZ3 is annoying. Mine is so loud I'm sure the interlock solenoid isn't tightened down properly. I was just arguing with the service manager at Avante Mazda on the phone about this. We'll see if he does anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts