Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that when you press the brake pedal, there is a clicking sound coming from center console, just under the cup holders? I think it only happens when the car is in park... I wonder if this is normal.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i got Auto and I hear no sounds like your saying. I suggest asking your mechanic at mazda.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The only clicking I hear is my front teeth as those big callipers bite!

And guys, no offense here, but you don't spell it "your" when you're trying to say "you are". I like to think my fellow Mazda3 drivers can wread and rite proper. :wink:

Maybe I should have been a school teacher?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't have a MZ3 but I used to have a 1992 323 Astina auto, and it made the noise you are talking about I think.

It is some kind of connection between the brake and the transmission that doesn't allow you to move the gear selector out of Park without your foot on the brake. Its a safety thing. When you put you foot on the brake when in park some kind of mechanical switch allows you to move the gear selector. Thats the noise.

I'm suprised though that its audible in the MZ3, I have a 1997 323 Astina auto now and I can't hear it. I assumed they did away with the mechanical connection and used an electronic switch instead. Looks like they didn't.

Hope all that makes sense!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the feedback everyone..

AusAstina97 - I think it is exactly what you are saying. When I first got the car, I never heard anything, but as time goes on it has become more audible - whenever the car is in park and i press the brake pedal, it clicks....

I think something has come loose - will definitely tell the dealer about it tomorrow when I finally get the cruise control installed!!!!! woohoo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.