Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw it says clear side markers on the new updated mazda.ca site...does that mean they coming to Canada (N.America)?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Probaly not. Still waiting for a aftermarket company to make clear or smoke sidemarkers for the 6 and 8.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Doesn't the Protege have them?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what are these auto light things anyways? I'm too lazy to find it again on the site. something about getting brighter when you go in a tunnel? It cant be as crazy as my Dad's RX330 and the turning Xenon's....*Drooooooolll*

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
It's called auto light control and it most likely refers to the lights turning on by themselves at night but NOT if you pass through a tunnel. So a sensor will notice this and just keep the DRLs on instead of turning the low beams on.

Any other takes?

Dru: Could you also put your location in your profile? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Dru212702 said:
what are these auto light things anyways? I'm too lazy to find it again on the site. something about getting brighter when you go in a tunnel? It cant be as crazy as my Dad's RX330 and the turning Xenon's....*Drooooooolll*

Me too *Drooooooooollling* Xenons. 8)

·
Registered
46 Posts
i changed to hella clear sidemarkers with three amber leds...fit nice using a little clear silicone on the edges..cut factory wire close to the marker and tap in with 3m sqeeze taps..
i will post part number tommorow and cost.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
dinu01 said:
It's called auto light control and it most likely refers to the lights turning on by themselves at night but NOT if you pass through a tunnel. So a sensor will notice this and just keep the DRLs on instead of turning the low beams on.
Actually, when you go through a tunnel (with no sunlight) the sensor switch the lights on and turn them off when you get out of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
today i was driving at night and i noticed that the side marker light dosent come on i guess its only the turning signal how would you make that light stay on when you put your lights on and blink with the signal also

·
Registered
744 Posts
RRKing171 said:
today i was driving at night and i noticed that the side marker light dosent come on i guess its only the turning signal how would you make that light stay on when you put your lights on and blink with the signal also
Solder the positive wires for the front turn lamps and the side markers together.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
chadha said:
i want to get clear sidemarkers with a clear bulb, anyone know a place to buy replacement ones which are clear....most sidemarkers can be opened up and replace the bulb....dont know y Mazda made it to replace the whole piece....

but whatever... i want clear sidemarkers with clear signal, anyone know any place to get them, or suggestions let me know...

if this has been posted i didnt find it, i searched...no luck..

·
Registered
43 Posts
well has anyone found them or what? i hate the stupid amber sidemarkers....i want clear... i dont see why mazda made it so u have to replace the whole thing, and i dont see anywhere where u can get the same size for clear, or like clear bulbs

anyone know let me know

·
Registered
43 Posts
anyone know the dimensions that the sidemarkers would have to be in order to fit to replace the ones on the 3....without filling any gaps or doing any adjustments.... i just want a quick replacement.

·
Registered
105 Posts
any links to aftermarket side markers?
im looking for either a red bulb to go in there or if i had my way, a red side marker instead of the clear, i think that would look sharp.

·
Registered
153 Posts
hi all, i am in Taiwan now
i got some smoke clear side markers here..
it also come with regular clear ones
both come with 2 amber bulbs and 2 blue bulbs
just need to cut the stock wires and tap them on
i will post pictures when i am back to Canada!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts