Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. If I was to get a clear coat done by a body shop, would I need to wax my car? Or would the wax hurt the clear coating?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
all cars come factory with clear coat. or are you talking about the film to stop rock chips?

or are you going to be adding More clear coat on top of your paint.

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
but he might be added onto the cheapness of the factory clear coat...not a bad idea if it would work. If it is possible...I wouldn't wax it...the body shop should do w/e needs to be done to make it look nice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for quick replies. Yeah I just have the factory coat on right now but I was thinking about getting a another one done. How long would a clear coat from a body shop last?

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Depends on teh maintenence, the weather, and I would assume, the type of clearcoat they use and how many layers they put on.

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
I have no idea, but when I inquired about it here in NJ, I was told it would cost about as much as a paintjob because the same amount of work is involved in painting as putting on new clearcoat.

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
well the first time my car was in the shop for an accident I asked about it, that's when I found out it would cost about the same as a paint job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts