Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
http://www.xpel.com has precut kits. goto products --> shop online to find it. For some odd reason, they show availability for the 07 ms3 sport, but say they are working on the GT :p
as im sure you are aware, it aint cheap, but the kits seem to be top notch.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Getting a Clear Bra installed on my MS3 tonight.

found a local dealer in the town I live in.

getting the full hood, front bumper, mirrors, door handles done all for $545 professionally installed.

that's a damned good price!

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
is the film they are using clear coated? it makes a huge difference especially for you and all the sun your car will see.

·
Registered
708 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=66303.msg1157107#msg1157107 date=1169178060]
is the film they are using clear coated? it makes a huge difference especially for you and all the sun your car will see.
[/quote]

don't know about a "clear coated" film. Its the 3M film that all Clear Bra installers use. Its guaranteed not to yellow, peel, crack or bubble.

I will post up some pics this weekend.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
That is really, really cheap! Good for you and I wish I could have had that deal. For the rest of us not so lucky, remember that if you go with a quality product (3M) and a good installer, if anything should happen to the car or the clear bra they will come fix it for free. IMO that's much better than getting the car re-painted. However, I live where there is lots of little crap on the road to sandblast the car.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I am fairly sure that 3m only makes a clear coated film, so you should be ok, however there is definately non coated films that some installers use and it turns a nasty yellow.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I'd only go with 3M both for the quality and the warranty. Wax it up good after the install too.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
that is considered a "full hood" coverage. I don't think I've ever seen a clear bra that truly covers 100% of the hood.

if fact, this kit goes back about 6" farther than my buddy's on his new GTI.

meet up with about a dozen friends today to show it off. everyone said it was a great looking clear bra install job.

try to find a better deal for less than $550 installed. good luck. 8)

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
looks nice, and 550 is an amazingly cheap deal

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=ZooZoom link=topic=66303.msg1161504#msg1161504 date=1169429852]
that is considered a "full hood" coverage. I don't think I've ever seen a clear bra that truly covers 100% of the hood.

if fact, this kit goes back about 6" farther than my buddy's on his new GTI.

meet up with about a dozen friends today to show it off. everyone said it was a great looking clear bra install job.

try to find a better deal for less than $550 installed. good luck. 8)
[/quote]

DIdn't say it was a bad deal, just said that its expensive ;)

When my buddy was looking at TT convertibles a few had the 3M stuff on - and it was FULL hood, so thats why I was confused.

Enjoy it! :)

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I have the rockblocker full kit installed and I can tell you it is absolutely worth it - and is a must in my opinion. The new "green" paint system that mazda uses flat out sucks, period. It applies primer, basecoat and clearcoat all at the same time. This results in an extremely thin coat of paint which easily chips and scratches.

The only precautions against yellowing that I was told was to wax the film along with the rest of the car at least every 3 months so it maintains its UV protection.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Not into the line across the hood, that would drive me nuts, I think chips would look better. Otherwise it looks like they did a nice job for a good price.

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
my car is in the process of being sanded down and repainted properly this week. once its out of paint i'll be looking for some hardcore clear shield. so far all i've been offered is the sissy $150 hood protection. i want it all!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=mazdamn02 link=topic=66303.msg1163113#msg1163113 date=1169509167]
my car is in the process of being sanded down and repainted properly this week. once its out of paint i'll be looking for some hardcore clear shield. so far all i've been offered is the sissy $150 hood protection. i want it all!
[/quote]

I must've missed it - what happened to your car?

-Matt

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Re: Clear Bra Protection?!

[quote author=Mellman link=topic=66303.msg1163268#msg1163268 date=1169513276]
[quote author=mazdamn02 link=topic=66303.msg1163113#msg1163113 date=1169509167]
[/quote]

I must've missed it - what happened to your car?

-Matt
[/quote]

My car has been sandblasted for 42k miles, just ask any of the MN guys in the north-central section!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts