Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

I've got a 2005 3.. been meaning to clean her up a bit inside, but haven't found the right stuff yet to do so. I've looked on the forum, used the search engine (might have missed something who knows...), but can't find a single thread about cleaning the inside of your car.

My question is what do you guys suggest to clean the dash board and the seats (cloth)? Do you guys have any good recommendations? Once it gets a little bit cooler out here in Boise, I'm thinking of taking out the seats and sweeping underneath. Having kids in my car is one of my pet peeves when they stick everything and anything in your seats, under your seats and not tell you until you find out 3 months later :(

Anyway, all help is appreciated. Thanks :)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
What I do is this:

1. Shop-Vac the seats and carpet (the long extensions can help get under the seats)
2. Use Meguiar's interior detailing wipes on the dash/door panels/etc (better than that Armor-All crap, no greasy residue)
3. Glass cleaner on the windows/mirror
4. If necessary, Febreze

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I use shop vac too only I finish by alternating 3" strips on the floor mats so it looks like a striped mowed lawn with alternating grain. For the carpet & cracks I use a bristle extension on the shop vac.

I also use a soft bristle tooth brush for crevasses. A paint brush for A/C vents. A rubber bristle brush to get all the hairs off the carpet the shop vac failed to remove.

I use Vinylex instead of aerospace 303. I think it produces a better appearance and less silicone-like shine.

If I need to clean something, I'll just use all purpose cleaner, like maybe diluted simple green depending on the task.

I also use the california dash duster to dust the plastics... I keep one in my glove for quick dusting before I pick people up to drive in my car.

I clean glass with Stoners Invisible Glass and Microfiber. For exterior glass I use a paste product called Glass Scrub, and so far I love it.

I still have not detailed my 3 to the extent I do paying customers... When I do though, I'll make a nice write up for my techniques are ever changing. heh

·
Registered
30,738 Posts
[quote author=HouRman link=topic=66660.msg1144229#msg1144229 date=1168534194]
I use shop vac too only I finish by alternating 3" strips on the floor mats so it looks like a striped mowed lawn with alternating grain. For the carpet & cracks I use a bristle extension on the shop vac.

I also use a soft bristle tooth brush for crevasses. A paint brush for A/C vents. A rubber bristle brush to get all the hairs off the carpet the shop vac failed to remove.

I use Vinylex instead of aerospace 303. I think it produces a better appearance and less silicone-like shine.

If I need to clean something, I'll just use all purpose cleaner, like maybe diluted simple green depending on the task.

I also use the california dash duster to dust the plastics... I keep one in my glove for quick dusting before I pick people up to drive in my car.

I clean glass with Stoners Invisible Glass and Microfiber. For exterior glass I use a paste product called Glass Scrub, and so far I love it.

I still have not detailed my 3 to the extent I do paying customers... When I do though, I'll make a nice write up for my techniques are ever changing. heh
[/quote]
lol...was a little worried until I saw that part

·
Registered
887 Posts
I use mothers products for all the cleaning/conditioning. The vinyl cleaner (like amorall) isn't greasy or high gloss which I find works better on the textured dash. I have leather as well, I condition once a year and do tough ups with the cleaner again from Mothers.

ShopVac is a must, the only thing I could caution is moving to fast... if you don't have the brush attachement on the friction from the carpet could actually melt the plastic end of the vacuum and leave nasty marks.

For the glass I use Armoral automotive which is safe for tint and doesn't leave streaks. Microfibre clothes for all of the above is a must!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
For dash & plastics:

For glass:

For carpet & upholstery:
Mix 6 parts water to 1 part Woolite in a spray bottle.

For spots:

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
[quote author=mshu7 link=topic=66660.msg1144280#msg1144280 date=1168536088]
For dash & plastics:

[/quote]

Yep, that's exactly what I use. They came out with premoistened wipes of that stuff, and I keep a pack of those in the trunk.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay thank you guys for some advice. :) As soon as the weather eases up here in Boise (it'll be about 15 and below the next few days), i'll be able to finally clean her. !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts