Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I popped my hood today to take a look around in preparation for my BOV install tomarrow and noticed it was quite dirty. I know in my jeep I just pop the hood and go to town with the hose, but there are alot more wires and stuff in the speed....sooooo, anyone have an good tips/cleaners I should try?

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
go to town with a rag man or one of those dust catcher things. detail spray for the black parts.
where in austin are you? we needa take pics

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
south, off william cannon....I was just hopping that there was a way with a little less elbow and more spray too it!

·
Registered
9,276 Posts

i try an keep mine pretty clean but ye those conections should prolly stay dry.
maybe some compressed air for the dust? idk

·
Registered
248 Posts
self service car wash. Set it on soap spray and spray down the engine. Then rinse it off. Drive on the highway for a while. I did it to the 6 and the MPV and they were both just fine after. Just be sure not to spray too much into the intake/onto exhaust parts that are too hot. And electrical connectors should be just fine.

note: if you have a cpe pnp standback, there are supposedly issues with water getting
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=137148.0;all

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=revhigh link=topic=139813.msg3013352#msg3013352 date=1237868762]

[/quote]

Damn that is CLEAN! I don't remember all those wires in my engine though, what ya got there?

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Yup, they're all there under the TMIC cover surrounding the CDFP. I just cleaned my bay the other day. I BLASTED everything with my air compressor and then cleaned the rest with Windex on a terry cloth.

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
[quote author=Nymisus link=topic=139813.msg3013425#msg3013425 date=1237872695]
[quote author=revhigh link=topic=139813.msg3013352#msg3013352 date=1237868762]

[/quote]

Damn that is CLEAN! I don't remember all those wires in my engine though, what ya got there?
[/quote]

Forge BPV,Cobb Sf intake, and Cobb turbo inlet :)
just got the intercooler cover off

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool, you install the bov yourself? I just got one and the instructions seem a little confusing and I can't find any write ups on here...how hard/easy was it?

·
Registered
9,276 Posts
ye man its hella easy. just undo 2 hoses and 2 screws and its off. just ditch your stock screws, they are weak an tend to snap. ill help you throw it on if you want. im off anderson mill an 183

·
Registered
462 Posts
[quote author=revhigh link=topic=139813.msg3015307#msg3015307 date=1237947886]
Forge BPV,Cobb Sf intake, and Cobb turbo inlet :)
just got the intercooler cover off
[/quote]

Nice, almost my same exact mods. And I'm down by Parmer/MoPac most weekends. Is yours SS or CWP? Hard to tell from your sig pic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts