Mazda3 Forums banner

Classy vs. Sporty?

• Winning Blue Mica S, Sport package, ABS/SAB/SAC, Moonroof and 6 CD (MSRP: $20,005)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Mica S, Sport package, ABS/SAB/SAC, Moonroof & 6 CD, Xenon and TPMS, Leather Seating Surfaces

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've elminated my choices down to 2 specific color oprtions and packages that i'm leaning on equally, what do you guys think is the better color and option package to go with?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not really big on spoilers (although, i also haven't seen any on this car, well, just in small pictures from the tail light up to the very end of the back window.. but that doesn't really give you a good idea about how it works with the rest of the car) i was thinking about tints if i get the black (just think... black, black leather, and tints? *spooge*) anyone know if dealerships can tint and if so, how much they charge?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Dont let them roll the tint into your financing. It will be EXPENSIVE.

Instead, ask your salesman where they get it done. Go down there and politely say, Im from "so-n-so" dealer.. I need to get tinted.

Typical charge.... $150-180.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vaBooM said:
Dont let them roll the tint into your financing. It will be EXPENSIVE.

Instead, ask your salesman where they get it done. Go down there and politely say, Im from "so-n-so" dealer.. I need to get tinted.

Typical charge.... $150-180.
thanks for the advice! I'm still deciding upon it, but i might be paying cash in full, so that's not too much of a concern

·
Registered
947 Posts
I voted for sporty, here's why:

The car is classy a-plenty. Even if you deck it out with all sporty packages, it looks more classy than any of its competitors. Yesterday at work, three co-workers were gawking over my Lava Orange MZ3 HB, and they all said it was a clean looking car, nice but with an edge. Last night, I used the car to haul home an exercise machine. While loading it, the sales guy from the store kept asking me about the car and delaring that it is so cool and expensive looking. He remarked that the fender flares looked made the car look like "Arnold in a Tux"

I think this car, the way it is designed, is meant to be a sporty automobile. From the chassis, to the suspension, to the engine, everything fits well for spirited driving. I don't think this is the car to be decked out to the max. If I could find one, I'd take a winning blue MZ3 with ABS/SAB/SCB, Leather, and that's it.

Caught a Civic Si guy staring at my car today on the way to work. Yes, those 17's are stock, yes my Xenon lights are real, and yes my hatch is faster than your hatch.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
LeeLee said:
Caught a Civic Si guy staring at my car today on the way to work. Yes, those 17's are stock, yes my Xenon lights are real, and yes my hatch is faster than your hatch.
First Civic Si I killed, she (the driver) thought I had the car modded already. So she asked me.. "Didnt that car just arrive like... a week ago?". Um no.. Ive had it for almost a month (at the time).

She was just blown away... loved every part. Then she had to take off in the Folger's bean can exhaust and ride into the nite.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LeeLee said:
I voted for sporty, here's why:

The car is classy a-plenty. Even if you deck it out with all sporty packages, it looks more classy than any of its competitors. Yesterday at work, three co-workers were gawking over my Lava Orange MZ3 HB, and they all said it was a clean looking car, nice but with an edge. Last night, I used the car to haul home an exercise machine. While loading it, the sales guy from the store kept asking me about the car and delaring that it is so cool and expensive looking. He remarked that the fender flares looked made the car look like "Arnold in a Tux"

I think this car, the way it is designed, is meant to be a sporty automobile. From the chassis, to the suspension, to the engine, everything fits well for spirited driving. I don't think this is the car to be decked out to the max. If I could find one, I'd take a winning blue MZ3 with ABS/SAB/SCB, Leather, and that's it.

wait, you said that you suggested the sporty package and that if you could you would get a 3i with abs, leather and that's it, but then you say you have every single package on your hatchback?? :huh: what gives? haha

anyway, the only reason i'm second-guessing the winning blue (which was my first choice) is that i plan to have this car for as long as humanly possible, i'm 24 now, and i'm just wondering if a couple years down the road i'll be wishing i had went for something more conservative looking, but then again, i know middle-aged men who go ga-ga over sports cars..

·
Registered
947 Posts
king chile said:
wait, you said that you suggested the sporty package and that if you could you would get a 3i with abs, leather and that's it, but then you say you have every single package on your hatchback?? :huh: what gives? haha
Naw, I thought it was a given that you'd get the 3s instead of 3i. I wish I could find a 3s with just ABS and leather, but I couldn't, so I had to "settle" for one with moonroof, changer, Xenon, and TPMS already installed. I eneded up paying not much for the additional options so I am not complaining.

king chile said:
anyway, the only reason i'm second-guessing the winning blue (which was my first choice) is that i plan to have this car for as long as humanly possible, i'm 24 now, and i'm just wondering if a couple years down the road i'll be wishing i had went for something more conservative looking, but then again, i know middle-aged men who go ga-ga over sports cars..
Dude, I'm 29 and I am not even thinking about getting conservative. I have the last 1/3rd of my life to be conservative, that's time enough. I think anyone under 40 doesn't have an excuse to be conservative. A guy at work drives a Buick, he is only 26, another guy about the same age bought an Avalon last year. I don't know what's wrong with them.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Get the winning blue! I have the Ti Sedan 3s so I can be the classy one, you can have the sporty one :wink:

In all honesty, you're right there are a TON of black, silver, and grey cars on LI. I was going to go with Blue or Yellow or Red but Titanium Grey was immediately available with the options I wanted.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah I'm 29 going on 30 in half a year and I loves my red cars, vroom vroom. Just cause I'm getting older doesn't mean I'm dead.

·
Registered
168 Posts
LeeLee said:
Dude, I'm 29 and I am not even thinking about getting conservative. I have the last 1/3rd of my life to be conservative, that's time enough. I think anyone under 40 doesn't have an excuse to be conservative. A guy at work drives a Buick, he is only 26, another guy about the same age bought an Avalon last year. I don't know what's wrong with them.
HaHa, I am approaching the big 40 & I'm still drivng a red 2 dr coupe & considering the Velocity Red Mz3 as a replacement! It's just a state of mind, folks.
cowtown said:
Yeah I'm 29 going on 30 in half a year and I loves my red cars, vroom vroom. Just cause I'm getting older doesn't mean I'm dead.
Amen!

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
LeeLee said:
A guy at work drives a Buick, he is only 26, another guy about the same age bought an Avalon last year. I don't know what's wrong with them.
they're weiners, that's what's wrong with them. :lol:
Oh, and I would go with the first choice and get aftermarket leather, lots nicer than mazda's.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i would go with the winning blue. i dont care for leather seats to much. but your options are the same as i want in the winning blue, but im getting the hatchback. im trying to make up my mind on winning blue or solar yellow though. yellow would be less commen then the blue, but i think the blue looks better at night. i also will be paying cash in full for mine, just got 1 car paid off,tired of making payments.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm almost 30 and a "gal" so I'm leaning toward classy. Besides, so many young guys are going for winning blue - don't you want to be different!!! Isn't that why you drive a Mazda!?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome to the boards yummum, I too wanted to be different that's why I went with Velocity Red. It certainly stands out from the sea of Titanium Grey and Winning Blue ones. ;) My only beef with Black is it is such a PITA to take care of after owning 3 black vehicles I just don't want that torture any more. ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmm i dunno, i've only seen 1 black and it was nice but it was outside and it was dark, the thing i don't like about black cars is they tend to hide all the sexy lines that the car has, plus it's a bitch to keep clean and they look like ass when they're not clean.. grr decisions

1 - 20 of 24 Posts