Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So...I've only been having this problem on this forum specifically. Ask people if they have items for sale still. Still for sale. I make an offer, and/or send payment. After that...no response. If you want to sell your stuff then make an effort to sell your stuff. If not...don't bother posting. I mean if I'm willing to give you money for the stuff that has been sitting around for months, do you want the money or would you rather enjoy looking at unused parts just sitting there collecting dust?
End Rant.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Id be happy to take your money.
I have many items listed :winker:

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Moved to appropriate section.

Not much anyone can do; ban them? Then what?

If issues like this ever come up, this is why you use Paypal and put in a notice within 45 days of the item not showing up. Nothing you can do on the internet.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
This is also why we prohibit brand new/unknown users from selling items here. If they're long standing members, that's a lot of effort to put in just to gain people's trust and scam them. This is also why I ONLY deal through Paypal.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Other forums require a photo with a hand written note in photo with user name and date. Cuts down on phoney photo sales

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Other forums require a photo with a hand written note in photo with user name and date. Cuts down on phoney photo sales
We usually let the note part slide, but we do require pics of the actual item. I've deleted several that just linked to the manufacturer site or some other crap.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
OP, have you tried PM'ing him? Hell he's been on in the last few days participating (based on your reported post, I'm assuming I know which user you're referring to.)

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
We usually let the note part slide, but we do require pics of the actual item. I've deleted several that just linked to the manufacturer site or some other crap.
I meant a note in the photo of the product being sold. Sorry I was in a rush when typing that. Girl wanted me to sex her

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't worry. Everything was through PayPal. And I got it all back. Turns out he never claimed the paymen and never even thought of claiming...even though he got a notification it had been received. At the end of the day I got my money back and he keeps his items for longer. Guessing my money wasn't good enough for him to sell his parts for. Asking price paid too.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Update. Seller no longer had items for sale yet still asked for payment
Nuse, shouldn't we get involved at this point and see what the story is? If someone is selling items and acting in bad faith in our forum, seams to me we should take some action.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
I’m surprised he hasn’t dropped a user name yet.

Me on the other hand would put that fool on blast. But then again, I’m sitting here in reality :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I’m surprised he hasn’t dropped a user name yet.

Me on the other hand would put that fool on blast. But then again, I’m sitting here in reality :)
Eh if you really want the username I'll happily oblige, but I'm just going to wait to see what the mods say first.

Completely unresponsive to pms even though is constantly on; says items are no longer for sale, but still will take money; refuses to claim the payment even though a notification of payment was sent and to hit x link to claim. Then says "oh the money was never received, so I won't ship", paypal said otherwise.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Eh if you really want the username I'll happily oblige, but I'm just going to wait to see what the mods say first.

Completely unresponsive to pms even though is constantly on; says items are no longer for sale, but still will take money; refuses to claim the payment even though a notification of payment was sent and to hit x link to claim. Then says "oh the money was never received, so I won't ship", paypal said otherwise.
At a minimum, PM me his username. I'd like to see if he'll respond to me...cause if he won't I'll just lock his thread and see if that gets his attention.

I know we as a rule try to stay out of the FS threads as it's between two users, but this sounds like it merits a little mod intervention.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At a minimum, PM me his username. I'd like to see if he'll respond to me...cause if he won't I'll just lock his thread and see if that gets his attention.

I know we as a rule try to stay out of the FS threads as it's between two users, but this sounds like it merits a little mod intervention.
Pmed. Let me know how it goes. I'm pretty interested in what is said.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts