Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys quick question... is there some special way to work the lighter (to use a device, not smoke)?? i tried to plug in a small car vacuum (dirty car) to it and it wont work... i go to my moms car and it works :x i just get my cd player replaced and now my cig lighter isnt working...

unless theres a special way i have to "activate" it or something? :?

help please?

(p.s. mods if this is the wrong section please move, sorry)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I believe the ignition has to be on (or acc).

Does the normal cig lighter work? If so, the car vacuum may have a plug that doesn't make good contacts. Not all cig lighters are a standard same size... i used to own a British car that nothing,like cell phone chargers or radar detector plugs, would work in.

If the normal cig lighter doesn't work, your installer didn't reattach the wiring, or somehow screwed it up. Or check the fuse.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help, yea i put the car on acc... i even turned it completely on. nothing was working.

how do i check the fuse and/or if it was wired correctly?

this is the first thing ive tried to operate out of this device, so i just never thought about checking it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=65836.msg1128660#msg1128660 date=1167705726]
how do i check the fuse and/or if it was wired correctly?
[/quote]
http://www.rd.com/content/openContent.do?contentId=17692

if u just had your cd replaced, chances are you installer fuked it up. checking wiring involves taking off the plastic trim on your dash, a search will give u answers.

if it twas mine (& not a simple blown fuse), i'd take it back to the installer & raise hell.
another reason i do all my own work.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i like to do my own work but my stock cd changer was broken so warranty took care of everything so i didnt pay.

so i said sure... but when i go to pick up my cds (which they still havnt called me for, not sure if they arrived yet from JAPAN) im gunna say something. :x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts