Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, March 1st I have an auto-x session and I want to choose a set of tires to go with by Wednesday at the latest.

The weather forecast does not extend to Sunday yet, but the trend is (for Vancouver) there will be snow on Wednesday, flurry on Thursday and getting warmer from there on. I am expecting overcast if not slight rain on Sunday, and the temperature to be 0 in the morning but quickly warm up after sunrise to about 4-12 degrees Celsius by first run.

My two choices are Kumho Ecsta MX and Goodyear RSA. The Kumho are made in 2002 but got decent tread left (at least for one or two more seasons of driving), and the RSA has two low tread tires, and two better but still low tread tires.

For the given conditions above, which of the tires should I run?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lesser of 2 evils?

The Kumhos would be my choice. RSAs are one of my least favorite "performance" tires.

Make sure you really air the tires up to minimize rollover and increase steering response with the stiffer sidewalls...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm also looking for a good set of summer tires for this season. 205/50/17, any recommendation? I was looking at the general exclaim UHPs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts