Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an easy way to check whether your car is either the Touring or the Grand Touring for the 2008 Mazda 3 model? I need to know for insurance purposes. As far as I could tell there seemed to be a lot of overlap between the two models in terms of features and my car seems to be about halfway in between the two in terms of what was added so I'm having difficulty establishing which one it is. Is there an easy definitive way like measuring the wheel size or something on the interior to check?

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Run the VIN through carfax. You don't actually need to purchase a carfax report, as the summary that comes up (when they try to peddle their services) confirms the year, make, and specific model.

That's how I found out the 2008 Mazda 3 sport a used car dealer sold my wife was actually a 3 i touring (they undercharged us for the car:chuckles:.)

· Registered
198 Posts
The biggest giveaway distinguishing between the two trims are factory-installed xenon headlights and LED tail lights for the grand touring. Also, navigation was only offered for the grand touring trim.

· Registered
441 Posts
The 2008 Grand Touring has the following exclusive features-

Rain-sensing auto wipers
Xenon HID headlights (auto on/off)
Automatic Climate Control System
Leather interior
Heated front seats

Optional BOSE Audio System

NOTE- the 2008 Touring model WAS available with optional Leather Seats (but they were NOT heated)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.