Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I really need to know this. Tell me what rpm you get when you go 65mph. Automatic user inputs would be helpful. thanks.

·
Banned
106 Posts
at 110km/h (roughly 65mph), the engine revs at about 3250ish 120km/h will bring it to about 3500.

I have a 3 5-door auto.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Interesting, for me, at 65 mph the RPM gauge reads 3000 when the overdrive takes over from 4th gear. Maybe the HB weighs more, so the engine has to work a little more?

·
Registered
256 Posts
SBTanMan said:
Interesting, for me, at 65 mph the RPM gauge reads 3000 when the overdrive takes over from 4th gear. Maybe the HB weighs more, so the engine has to work a little more?
??? As long as the hatch and the sedan have the same rear end and transmission, the cars will be at the same RPM at the same speed as long as they are in the same gear. Weight and how "hard the engine works" has nothing to do with it.

The rear in the Mazda3 is very aggressive, somthing like a 4.21. You should expect the revs to be fairly high at highway speed. Really nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Then how to explain the rpm difference at the same travelling spd??

·
Registered
256 Posts
Inno said:
Then how to explain the rpm difference at the same travelling spd??
110 kph is actually 68.5 mph. It's not the same speed as 65 mph. Therefore, at 110 kph the rpm is slightly higher. Eipromb said roughly 65 mph, not exactly, and 3250ish, not exactly 3250. There's no difference to discuss.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Heh-heh... I'm usually at 65 by the start of third gear, but that's because I redline 1 and 2 in manual.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
too often.

I like to zip to my destination - but then again, I only drive 4 miles to/from work.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Is it not good for the car that u redline it that early?
has ur car broke-in yet?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I redline at least once or twice during mid-trip (approx 15-20miles) just to keep the engine in line. Coming up on 5000mi.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Why do you think the autos have the tiptronic? SO THAT WE CAN RED LINE!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
rsx_r04 said:
Aleksander_t said:
Why do you think the autos have the tiptronic? SO THAT WE CAN RED LINE!!
On the other hand, you can still red line any car with an automatic transmission. :wink:
Step 1: Put foot to floor.

Step 2: Leave it there at all times :twisted:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yeah u can put to L or 1, or if u dun, then start from 2, redline then release to 3 or D3 or D(with overdrive button cancelled) for the 3rd gear

1 - 20 of 20 Posts