Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here's the break down. my check engine light has been on now for who knows how long and my warranty is gone. my goal here is for you guys to help me figure out what's goin on. my symptoms or almost stalling at idle and actually stalling, a weird one is lately when i put gas in the car won't start right away. now i have a cosmo intake which i don't know if that's the problem cuz i bought the one with "no cels". anyway if you could gimme a couple things to try out to determine if it's the maf goin or my intake. thanks all

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
It could be anything.

You need to get that CEL code read to narrow down your problem instead of guessing/assuming it is this or that.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
u might try autozone.. but my friend went about a month ago and they said they dont do it anymore..

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
could be the purge valve, i think i remember your symptoms being similar.

you should also take the MAF out and get some MAf cleaner to clean it, see if that helps as well.

but definitely get the code checked, that will help you out the most...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok guys i went to advance auto parts and got my free check engine. my codes are p0455 and p2195. the guys at advance said it could a couple things like one of the vacuum valve the maf connector might now be on tight enough and letting in a lil air. i don't think it's the intake coupler cuz i got a new one and it is nice and tight. so if you guys got any suggestions on how i should go about fixin this. thanks ;)

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
well check the vacum line from intake to the motor..... check all of them to be exact

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update on the situation. i basically did everything that was suggested to me and i looked up some stuff on the purge solenoid. so i just took apart the intake cleaned it out including the hose. use some spit on the hose and the maf to create a seal. then i beat the crap out of the solenoid. and removed the negative on the battery. started up the car and waited to see if my rpms would start jumping again, but it stayed just at 700. hopefully it'll stay that way cuz i took it out for a ride and i noticed the rpms would jump a lil when i was pressing on the clutch coming to a stop but i think that's the ecu remapping it's self. so i'll let you know what happens

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok no check engine light but i still get rpms jumping when i come to a stop. AAHHHH anything else i should try and how do i know if the purge solenoid is busted or not?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts