Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -- I just bought a Mazda 3 hatchback 2 weeks ago. Two days after the purchase, I had to bring it back to the dealership because the "check engine" light was on. They said it had to do with debris under the fuel cap -- 3 hours later -- and fixed the problem.

Now it's happening again. I have an appointment to bring it back, but am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing or if you had any suggestions? The reason I bought a new car is so I wouldn't have to deal with things like this!!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
A CEL can be aused by any number of reasons, it's the automotive equivalent of a Windows 3.1 "General Protection Fault"

Your dealer likely plugged into your cars OBD port to see the nature of the problem and that led them to the gas filler.

If your fuel tank is not sealed it is supposed to come on. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with your gas cap or fuel filler nieck that is preventing a seal. Or maybe the debris that was there damaged the gasket so it doesn't seal anymore. Or it could be something completely different.

Good luck getting it fixed.

Edit: And welcome to the board!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.