Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
... The code on the newest one is . P0762 at shift solenoid... So in my case after lots of money down the drain. It was a different problem altogether ....
Sounds like perhaps there were 2 separate issues. The U0101 pointed to a bad TCM, and the new part fixed that. Now that the TCM can communicate properly, the bad solenoid code is able to be sent to the ECM. IIRC, there's at least one (if not more) good solenoid threads in the archive that should help you on this issue.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Well even though this thread is dead. Id like to let ppl know that I bought 3 different tcms. All needing keys reprogrammed... And im still having problems.... The code on the newest one is . P0762 at shift solenoid... Comes up twice.... So in my case after lots of money down the drain. It was a different problem altogether.... I bought a tcm from a good reputation dealer called flagship one for 230. They program it to your VIN.
In post 17 you mentioned the TCM being next to the battery. Unless something was different in 2004 this is NOT the TCM. What you have been replacing is the ECM (engine computer). The TCM is located on the top of the transmission and as others have stated should not need reprogramming.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Happy to report that I have since sold the car but stay in contact with new owner. No trans issues at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ended up having to rebuold my transmission. I also discovered that most transmission repair shops ONLY repair the mechanical and do not bother changing the TCM. Kind of odd to me since that part is also linked to transmission performance. I went to a place that specializes in pc repairs, but also doubled as a TCM repair tech, and purchased one rebuilt for $300. The car is great now. Finally🙄 The TCM repair place gave instructions to relocate the rebuilt one by zip tying it to the firewall. In time, the TCM slipped out the zipties and disappeared into the engine bay😹. Car still runs great nonetheless

21 - 24 of 24 Posts