Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was just curious if anybody knows if you can switch the rims on the Mazda 3 with the rims from the new volvo S40, are they compatable? I think they look pretty nice. Also the 2005 mustang is one sweet looking car.. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Depends on the offset and width and size of the wheels you're looking to put on. I'm no tire-guy, but finiding out that info will help someone help you. I like the new mustangs, pricing is nice too, GT's are starting at 25K and 300 odd hp :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
lilgreek said:
Hi,

Also the 2005 mustang is one sweet looking car.. What do you guys think?
They look a heck of a lot better than anything else with the Mustang logo on it made in the last 25 years... The last 3 generations of them have been terrible.

Will they still have the archaic solid rear axle?

Let's see what they look like when they hit showrooms...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Solid rear axle is still gonna be there. The reasoning is that most tuners and performance people like its simplicity to modify.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I guess N8Dogg91 meant because the tire pressure sensors are mounted on the factory rims. However one can swap the set of sensors on the new rims.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was also curious, can the 18-inch Mazda RX8 rims fit on the 3.. If so, I'm all over that..

·
Registered
60 Posts
bluong1 said:
I guess N8Dogg91 meant because the tire pressure sensors are mounted on the factory rims. However one can swap the set of sensors on the new rims.
:?: :?:
Is it possible to swap the sensors by ourselves? or does it have to be done by the dealership???

it would cost a lot of $$$$$$$$

1 - 13 of 13 Posts