Changing the Lights: Nice or Rice?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, is this Rice or Nice? Changing your front turn signals, fog lights, reverse lights, and inside dome lights. Now the color would be hyper white or a bright white for the turn signals, reverse and dome lights, while the fog lights are the xenonmatch type.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I know I won't play with turn lights, dome lights or reverse lights. The turn lights have to be amber here or you get a ticket.

I will buy the new titanium bulbs from Hoen when they come out thought and will have the fogs also change so that everything will fit.

Personally I don't find that rice. We can't get Xenon so why would it be rice to actually get a halogen bulb that gives the look of HID and produce at least the same performance than the stock halogen bulbs? For me it will be just an improvement in lighting.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well to me i feel it is not rice when you just make your lights a bit brighter and the turn signals in california CAN be amber or white bulbs... and i feel a white bulb would look nice since it would match the xenons and the fogs...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
it's nice, changing the fog light just makes the car look better at night since we don't have Xenon here in Canada, as for the turn signal, changing them to white is fine, but personally I like them better in amber.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I think that it looks nice. The less amber, yellow on the car the better

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think yellow is cool...my buddy has yellow turns on his red bug they are pretty bright...but im opting for the hyper white...and thats still legal here in california believe it or not =D

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
that is good hear :)

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I don't mind white turn signals, however the only thing that's keeping my vote in the nice category is the fact that the taillight and headlight lenses are already clear, Altezzas.

What strikes me as rice are those early-90s accords and civics whose head- and taillights lenses/casing are completely white.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I am for all-clear headlight assemblies becaue it gives the car a cleaner look. But the turning bulb should be amber for proper signaling. So I'd vote to get rid of the amber reflector in the Mazda3's headlight, but I'd keep the amber bulb. I also think that if implemented correctly, having only amber parking lights turned on looks very cool. Checkout a Corvette to see what I mean. It's just my personal opinion that white turning signals are almost-rice, and anything other than amber or white is definitely rice. And I wish they automatically mailed tickets to those with blue or green lights.

I am very happy with the MZ3 HB's rear light cluster. It doesn't have a red or amber lense so it looks sharp, and it's blacked out so it doesn't look like an Altezza knock-off. As a bonus, the turning signal is amber!!! I would consider changing the backup light to a higher powered bulb only because I find it useful some times when backing up on dark streets. Some times I find myself tapping lightly on the brake light just to throw some extra light down while backing up.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow changing the lights is 50/50 haha...i guess it all depends on personal taste at this point :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
weee.......
2) Any vehicle may be equipped and, when required under s. 316.222(2), shall be equipped with electric turn signals which shall indicate an intention to turn by flashing lights showing to the front and rear of a vehicle or on a combination of vehicles on the side of the vehicle or combination toward which the turn is to be made. The lamps showing to the front shall be mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and, when signaling, shall emit white or amber light
from the Fl state statues!!

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
I am clearing out my turn signals in the front and back with chrome dipped bulbs that light up amber. IMO, that's nice, not rice.

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
Hahah, never even noticed! xD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts