Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2005 2.3 Canadian non- GFX bumper, which means I have a I style front bumper with fogs. Anyways long story short. I am thinking of doing either of the following:

1. Getting a front air dam made for the I type bumper.

2. Getting a S type / GFX bumper

3. Getting a 2007 front bumper complete with the nice new fogs etc.

Comments? Just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
apparently the bumper foam and the re-bar are also different, for the new 2007, do not know if it is true or not or they just change part numbers or maybe it is different but maybe could still fit or work. but just going by part numbers alone, I'd change to change a whole lot.

So as it stands, I prob will go for the normal 2005/06 S type bumper.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
dont want a body kit or a front bumper off of one?

Might as well save your money if your going to go from stock look to stock look in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I was also told the part numbers on most of the 07's were different.
Even if it would all bolt up the price to get the bumper, foglights and get it painted could be close to a new body kit.
I think the fogs were something like $150 each!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not really like the i model bumper look... i didnt have a choice wehen I got it so I have the 2.3 with the basic front bumpers. Painting doesnt cost me anything much at all, thats why i have the option of going this route. I will probably have to check wreckers to see if I can get a deal on the bumper with the fogs. Or go with the air dam

·
Registered
398 Posts
From what I understand the front bumper and grille etc will not fit on the 04-06... Rear bumper on the other hand is 99%.... Reason I know is I was rear ended and I've been looking into the 07 rear bumper, looking @ the parts sheets all the part #s are the same.... i didn't see the sheets but my parts guy said it wasn't the case for the front bumper. And you could put a GT bumper from 04-06 on but it would require alot of money (due to fogs) and also a different grill as the 'i' grill does not fit into the GT bumper.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
[quote author=Fuel90 link=topic=66646.msg1145856#msg1145856 date=1168603730]
From what I understand the front bumper and grille etc will not fit on the 04-06... Rear bumper on the other hand is 99%.... Reason I know is I was rear ended and I've been looking into the 07 rear bumper, looking @ the parts sheets all the part #s are the same.... i didn't see the sheets but my parts guy said it wasn't the case for the front bumper. And you could put a GT bumper from 04-06 on but it would require alot of money (due to fogs) and also a different grill as the 'i' grill does not fit into the GT bumper.
[/quote]
Trust me, the 07 bumper is far worse than the 06 bumper. It has this little plastic piece of crap that goes across the grille so it isn't as big. I'd trade my 07 bumper in for an autoexe or a stock 04-06 one any day.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
[quote author=Fuel90 link=topic=66646.msg1145856#msg1145856 date=1168603730]
[/quote]

Different part numbers don't always mean they wont fit. There could be small changes to a peice to warrant a part number change that can have no ill effect on swapping it over to a older model car.

I would have tried it out if the fog lights weren't so money. I might if i ever find a used one with fogs in it for cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts