Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. My car (07 MS3) got into a wreck, and I'm in market for new hood. I'd really like a vented CF one (like the Fiber Images one), but $1000 is just a bit out of my reach. The only ones I've seen that fit the MS3 are either that one, or the OEM style in CF from VIS.

Started looking at the Vented MS3 hood originally (fiberglass). The guy doing my body work said by time he preps and paints it, why not get CF......He's got a point. Probably won't have chance to go CF again....I'd just be paying difference between Insurance allowance and whatever I get.....

I'm just surprised that there are more options (both fiberglass and CF) for the Regular 3 than for the Speed3.

Looking to spend about $800......any suggestions? Thanks, all.

· Registered
14,062 Posts
VIS and .. fiber images..? I think are really the only two options we have that have a lot of options.

I say if you're going to go one of those two, go OEM hood style, being OEM, less chances for the mold to suck and it isn't as show-boaty.

That said, I don't know what the final cost for the DG Motorsports vented "Gen2" hood will cost after shipping, but it's under $700 before, and to me is the best and ONLY option I would ever go if I had a speed3

www.dgmotorsports.com/product_details.php?ProductID=50-68-3000

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is sexy as hell. Think if I can' t find a CF one, I may just got with the DG. I'm a geeef for CF, tho. I know, minimal weight savings like that will barely be noticable, so it's pretty much for the aesthetics.......and I like seeing CF. Hell, I'd go carbon fiber in my interior, hood, trim.......valve stems, ,,,,,,cigarette lighter,,,,,,,,windshield wiper, I don't car, LOL........:nice:

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He makes that hood in Carbon fiber as well, you just have to ask him to, and it'll raise the price probably well out of your budget haha.

Good to know, thanks. Hmmmmmmmm:dunno:....

Wonder if he'd take an ex-wife in trade.......She was cute.

Crazy as all Hell,......but cute.:bigsmile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.