Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like this has happened a couple of times. I get my car washed and the check engine light comes on. Could be because the engine was flooded and replaced before...but so was the MAF. Anyone experience anything like this? :(

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
Do you have a CAI? I find a small amount of water gets through the filter and hits the MAF and bam...CEL...happened to me a few times untill I got a wet suit/prefilter for the CAI and not problems since. If you don't have a CAI, I dunno....

·
Registered
14,227 Posts
ooooh...you engine was flooded and you did get it replaced....mmm....I dunno....maybe the car is scared for life that when it feels water, it bugs out, tightens up and throws a CEL :D

Thats odd....I dunno...next time it happens, go right to autozone or w/e and have the code read and come back and ask about it. We'll prob have more answers for you.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=saluteTOme link=topic=68880.msg1191968#msg1191968 date=1170861908]
ooooh...you engine was flooded and you did get it replaced....mmm....I dunno....maybe the car is scared for life that when it feels water, it bugs out, tightens up and throws a CEL :D

Thats odd....I dunno...next time it happens, go right to autozone or w/e and have the code read and come back and ask about it. We'll prob have more answers for you.
[/quote]
Yeah, I have to go visit my mechanic today for a tech inspection for the driving event I'm doing this weekend so I'll just have him pull the code while I'm there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts