Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So far this has never happened in over a year I've had a CAI except very recently two weeks ago it happened when I was going to a friends wedding in heavy rain (the scrape guard is kinda loose, missing plastic clips from car being lowered) and it went away the next morning when I started the car I guess after drying off a little. I know it was from my CAI cause the engine kinda stuttered once or twice on the drive that night and looked under the hood and there were small puddles of water on the scrapeguard...

Now, last night I went to Richmond real quick about a 30 minute drive again in real heavy rain and got a CEL on the way back after numerous puddles (trying to avoid) and whatnot and I started my car this morning and noticed that it isn't gone yet.. it may just have not had time to dry off and it wasnt like i was driving through a flood or anything more than a few inches high but it's all the splashing that gets the water to where it is... so if anything past the filter it is at most just a few droplets... but anyways so I have my car on maybe running some air through the CAI will help dry off etc....

What am I looking at in terms of risks danger what can I do to help avoid this.. should I look at an SRI?

Also, why is my car making an incredibly loud squeeky chirpy noise... in addition to your ticking noise.. is it ecuase the belts and ish might still be wet a little? Why can't I just have my engine sound normal beefy instead of chirpy squeeky

·
Registered
6,480 Posts

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Hydroshield for sure. Secure your shielding too. I would recommend maybe cleaning the MAF and reset the ECU. This and a little time and you should be good.

Don't have an answer to your squeaking problem though. Can you try to determine where it's coming from?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
please describe the squeaky noise a little better....
I used to have a squeaky noise coming from my springs in the front and rear...
White lithium grease took care of that

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ater I left the car running a bit and let it suck in some dry air and then restarted the car the CEL went away again, def gonna invest into the hydroshield thanks for showing!

With the squeeky noise it isn't from the springs it's in the engine bay coming from some part of the engine I'll get under my head under the hood later tonight and open up my ears...

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
ok.. do it and let us know...... what it could be is power steering... since its electrical motor its pretty loud.. more like a whining noise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts