Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.I d like to know is CD-R format disk playable on 3's CD player?I noticed there r some car audio system can not play CD-R format disk and I have got lots of CD-R music disk.hehe.Thx :lol:

EDIT: Title

NOTE: Please post all your CD Player questions here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Some people think that the speed in which you burn your CD's at will make a difference in different players. Also the quality of the CD-R can make a difference.

I've never had a problem, but I also choose to burn at a slower rate (4x) because I think that the sound quality is better.

·
Registered
142 Posts
codegirl said:
Some people think that the speed in which you burn your CD's at will make a difference in different players. Also the quality of the CD-R can make a difference.

I've never had a problem, but I also choose to burn at a slower rate (4x) because I think that the sound quality is better.
Same here.Never use the full speed of the burner :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think it also depends on the quality of media and burner type + computer specs. I have always burned music at 16x, and absolutely no problems playing on my sp23's cd player

·
Registered
308 Posts
yeah I've 1gig of ram and a lowly 2.4ghz cpu and burn away happily at 40x on my TDK discs that work up to 48x on a 48x liteone burner and don't get any frisbees.

I've no idea why you would stick to 4x except on a dvd burner, thats dark ages stuff!

the quality of the blank discs are I think very important, I like Sony but they're not as common as TDK and are more expensive.

I've been ripping mp3 compo's for the Mz3 on the apple itunes software today, seems alright on a "IBM" clone, I prefer Nero though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am not saying burning those disk higher speed post any serious problem.But due to having problem with some video disk whilst burning higher speed,makes me toward the same habbit burning audio for better clarity.Don't forget the higher the speed you burn the disk,there will be more likelyhood the error correction within the disk to apply,and this will eventually interfer with sound quality.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have a 1.8GHz with 512MB of RAM and I burn all of my CDs at 16X that go into my car. The smartest thing you can do if you have a burner is only put copied CDs in your car. If you lose all of your copied CDs, you might be out $20, and you can always make new ones. Now, take the number CDs in your car and multiply that by $15 (more for box sets... Pink Floyd's Shine On will someday be mine) and you are looking at a hefty fee.

I have a copy of the digitally remastered Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (Gold Disc) in my car's CD player and I swear it sounds just as good as the original.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Will it play CD-RWs? The stock stereo in the Explorer I'm driving now doesnt want to play them, but I'm curious if the 3 does.

·
Registered
432 Posts
sirius1722 said:
Will it play CD-RWs? The stock stereo in the Explorer I'm driving now doesnt want to play them, but I'm curious if the 3 does.
No. I haven't seen any aftermarket stereos that can play CD-RW. Otherwise it's a big selling feature.

·
Registered
773 Posts
My old Pioneer deck (not the MP3, the other one) used to play CD-RWs with no trouble. As to the stock deck, I will find out one of these days if nobody answers the question first.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, I had an 2 year old Pioneer deck in my 4Runner that could play CDRWs 95% of the time, but I thought with most people using CDRs and CDRWs now, that stock units would be able to play them, but I we'll have to see. Anyone tried to put a CDRW audio CD in there?

·
Registered
250 Posts
The fact is, if you want to burn an Audio cd to be exactly like the original you buy from a cd shop. then you must burn at 1x. This will make the cd the highest quality on any type of cd player. burning at higher speeds will work on most cd-players, but if your creating an album that you want to make sure plays on any cd-player in the world you must burn 1x. Some cd-players dont have a good enough laser scanning process. Some scan 1 or 2 times some alot more. This is the reasonsome burnt music dont work on some cd-players, because they cant handle fast burnt cd's

·
Registered
37 Posts
2k1_bug said:
sirius1722 said:
No. I haven't seen any aftermarket stereos that can play CD-RW. Otherwise it's a big selling feature.
nope, it plays CD-RW. however, i found it doesn't play 192kbps file(breaking up while it's trying to play) and i guess it doesn't play mp3 with variable bitrate, but i am still looking for a chance to try it out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
jskit cheng said:
2k1_bug said:
sirius1722 said:
nope, it plays CD-RW. however, i found it doesn't play 192kbps file(breaking up while it's trying to play) and i guess it doesn't play mp3 with variable bitrate, but i am still looking for a chance to try it out.
i think we're discussing the stock CD player, not the MP3 player. i believe the MP3 player is able to play bitrate up to 320, including VBR; perhaps you got a faulty one?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts