Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you pick which disc to load/unload? For example, if I want to take disc 4 out, how do I do that?

It appears to me that the loading/unloading of disc is seqeuntial and always starts with disc 1. So disc 1 goes in first, than 2, 3, etc... If I want to take 4 out, I have to take 1,2,3 first!

I haven't looked at the manual yet, so forgive my asking :p

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
You should hold down the eject button for about 2 seconds then release. You'll see the display for the 6 CDs and just select the number to eject. If you hold it too long it'll do a auto eject of all the CDs.

Loading is the same, you hit load for 2 seconds and then you can select which position to put the CD into. I believe its in the manual somewhere ...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys, I really should read the manual :wink: I'll give it a try in the morning!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Anyone else think the CD player is the slowest thing on the earth? I can understand a little lag when changing discs, but whenever I pop a new CD in, it takes forever for it to load and start to actually play.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
No problems here. Mine loads quick, ejects fast and never skips.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rpc180 said:
You should hold down the eject button for about 2 seconds then release. You'll see the display for the 6 CDs and just select the number to eject. If you hold it too long it'll do a auto eject of all the CDs.

Loading is the same, you hit load for 2 seconds and then you can select which position to put the CD into. I believe its in the manual somewhere ...
rpc180, it works great now, thank you! I did flip in the manual a bit this morning and you were spot on about what to do. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
mine works fine a little slow...but who knows actually were the discs go below the radio or in the glove compartment..i hope it never breaks no one will no how to fix it

·
Registered
327 Posts
lol, that's why I am going for the mp3 instead.

·
Registered
79 Posts
OK, OK.....i'm sure you guys went over this before. I am a newbie and just got the M3 5 door last week. I am able to load and play 1 cd. How do I load the other 5.

I am fairly certain it is a 6 cd loader as it has the load button and the 1 thru 6 selection.

Do I turn the unit ON first? Or do I press and hold the "load" button while the unit is off??
If I turn it on, then it is either on Radio or the cd starts playing.

Yes I have read (and re-read) the section inthe manual.

When I press and hold the "load" button, nothing happens....I get no "wait" no "Load".....nothing.

Help?? I thank you in advance.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The audio design is the same for all M3, so just by having a load button and 1-6 selection doesn't mean you have a 6-CD changer. Do you have a moonroof? If you do, you definitely have a 6-CD changer, if you don't, you probably don't have it then (unless you specifically request it as an add-on option).

·
Registered
79 Posts
gijoe....Thanks for the reply. YES I do have a moonroof. I guess that you are implying that the 6CD changer and the Moonroof come hand-in-hand as an option package??? (I bought the car second hand)

Can anyone else help me out here? Do I turn the unit on first? Do I take out the 1 cd and then start loading?? It would be nice if I could load all 6 in there.
Help??

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
turn on radio press cd option, press load if you have a 6disk it will prompt you to load the next cd....its possable previous owner had a aftermarket radio then on trade/selling time they may have installed a single disk unit....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Still beating that dead horse!! :lol: I am not able to load more then 1 CD beacause I "probably" have a 1 CD unit.

I just saw a pic somewhere on this site that shows the stereo and the "Load" button up close. (most say that everyone has a load button") The difference is that BESIDE the load button, there is a little drawing that say 6cd and shows a little stack of CDs. THAT I do NOT have........I therefore probably do NOT have a 6 cd loader. :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
[quote author=ELECTRA link=topic=2122.msg351526#msg351526 date=1122064985]
Still beating that dead horse!! :lol: I am not able to load more then 1 CD beacause I "probably" have a 1 CD unit.

I just saw a pic somewhere on this site that shows the stereo and the "Load" button up close. (most say that everyone has a load button") The difference is that BESIDE the load button, there is a little drawing that say 6cd and shows a little stack of CDs. THAT I do NOT have........I therefore probably do NOT have a 6 cd loader. :(
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you don't since you most likely bought the Canadian version I believe they do not come with the 6 cd changer and it's not a option either.

Mazda just uses the same buttons as the USA and Japan versions - so they save some money yet confuse some people.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts