Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know anything about aftermarket HID's made by a company called Catz, ive been looking at them, they look pretty sweet. If i hear good things about them I think im gonna pick some up and put them in. I really am mad at myself for not getting HID's when i got the car so I hope that i can put these in.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't know how good Catz is, I've heard of them too, but the best HID systems are the ones offered by Osram Sylvania and Phillips

·
Registered
947 Posts
I noticed that some of the members think the HID in the MZ3 is not as blue/purple as the ones in certain luxury cars. Is it possible to swap our bulb for say a Philips one that has a higher color temperature? Would it work correctly or will we need to swap in Philips ballasts as well?

·
Registered
327 Posts
It will just decrease your vision that's all, I mean I don't know if u knew this, but the bulbs used in the high end cars are the same as the ones in the Mazda3. They are the same color as ours. But the projector is built in such a way that when u move to certain corners of the projector lense u see purple or blue. But looking straight at the beam it's the same color.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can get a more purple color via the Philips Ultinon D2S bulb. It has about 400 less lumens but added bright purple / white light.

Changes are made to the salts in the HID bulb to produce this color.
There is no need to change ballasts, so long as its a D2S 35w bulb your ok.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm getting a Catz HID kit (4300K) from www.visualdynamics.ca
I have a Philips kit (4300K as well) in my Integra TypeR and they give the car a great look and I have a great night visibility. They start-up blue and then turn into white but still has a blue tint to it.

Lemme know if you're interested, maybe we can get a deal!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd definitely be interested in picking up a set with you mastermoe, try to get a good deal. I just hope it's not too difficult to install them, ive never done anything like this before, I think i should be able to do it though. We should try to get in contact with xenonlighting.com and see what kinda deal we can get, and anybody else who wants to get a set. Maybe something in the group buy forum? Anyway, lemme know.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had no problems installing the kit in my Integra. Not sure how the install would be on the 3 thoug, since there doesn't seem to be much space under the hood.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I'd be interested too if there's a group buy....don't know if I would get the 4100k or 6000k kit though.

@mastermoe: We could install it together since we live in the same city. :wink:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sounds good M3-GT :D
I'll email visualdynamics today and give you guys an update as soon as I get a reply!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey Guys,

I got an answer back from Visualdynamics. Everything they have is very much sold out except for 3 or 4 5500K kits. They're willing to give me group buy pricing for the kits ($686 +$15 shipping CDN).
The 4300K and 6000K kits were going for $574 and $770 respectively.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Which round connector? :shock:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
have you disconnected your H7 bulb from the harness? You will notice that there's a round plastic connect that connects to the bulb, and the harness connects to that piece. The clip that clips the bulb in place clips onto the round connector. If the HID bulb is just like the H7, then that round connector is needed to clip it in place. So hole drilling might be needed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nope, haven't tried disconnecting my H7 bulbs yet. I'll double-check. Idon't wanna do any hole drilling! :?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts