Mazda3 Forums banner

which cat back will work on a 06 pzev

catback exhaust for 06 mazda 3 PZEV

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  kovlin 
#1 ·
i need help pzev has two o2 bungs

#9 ·
[quote author=vinny719 link=topic=67148.msg1182169#msg1182169 date=1170386462]
i traded in a 2006 mazda 3 s i got $14500 for it and my insurence went doww $40 a year

[/quote]

Went down damn must be nice. I called my insurance, it would go up 34 bucks a month. Not too bad. Dealership offered me 13k for a 06, not a scratch on it, with custom leather.

Guess ill have to go back to tustin mazda, norco just didnt do it for me. I straight up asked the guy questions about the speed3 vs 3, suspension mainly, just to see if he had any clue about the car he was selling.... sure as hell, "you probably know more about it than i do"

Anyways back on topic, I emailed ark last year about fitment for their system, they said yes it will fit, but im really doubting it, just by looking at pics of what I had to do to my vibrant to make it fit, and their system on a ulev 3.
The muffler itself will be very close, probably rubbing against the heatshielding on the gas tank.

The Vibrant muffler is bigger, so it sat TIGHT against the gas tank, and looking at pics it seems the ark's is smaller in diameter, so it will have alittle more clearance. I know they were lookin for a pzev 3 to test fit a few months ago, but I couldnt go in for it since I had already cut my stocker out. :(

#10 ·
Wow, you went to tustin mazda? That's where I got my mazda 3 too!

#12 ·
LOL replacing your car is one way to deal with the problem.. I wish I could deal with all my problems that way... or can I

Its a temporary solution at best, you will be wanting to put a new exhaust on that ms3 in 3 months, you just won't be able to resist modding the car :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.