Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 mazda 3 2.0L 4 cylinder
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2007 mazda 3 it's the 2.0 and I'm wanting to remove the cat. Well I get looking at different forms and everyone is say mazda has 2 cats and there's and o2 sensor after the first cat. Well I want to take both cats out. If I take them both out will I have issues with my car or is there something that I can do somewhat cheap and fast to increase power, performance and also increase the sound?

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
A few comments:
  • Removing your catalytic converters is illegal and will increase the amount of pollution your car puts out.
  • Taking them off will not make a significant difference in either the power or noise your car makes.
  • The cheapest way to get a faster car is to sell your car and put the proceeds you get from the sale toward a faster car.

Reactions: hatch06

·
Registered
131 Posts
To add to what Shipo posted in the US if you go unto a federal reservation after removing the CAT is actually a felony.
A federal reservation means places like federal parks. So I would be careful when considering removing the CAT form your US registered vehicle.

On the technical note you may also need to trick the ECU in to thinking the CAT was still there so you don't generate the engine check light and DTC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts