Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm gonna wax my car again.. last time i did it was like 6months ago.. and i know i should be washing every two months (somethign like that) with carnaba wax (don't know the spelling)... i realized how it had cracks in the wax and wasn't moist at all.. and i tried using a applicator but it wouldn't turn into pasty look... so i just took a chunk of the wax and just waxed it on like that... is this something i shouldn't do? or is there people that actually do it this way since you experience that it's kind of hard to get it all mushed up for the pad.. ( i probally should get a porter cable... but thinking porter cable will have still troubles ..) i know it's not the wax because it's been sealed and unused for awhile...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i apoogize if i needed to put this in ask detailer... i also wanted to know if wax residue is left on plastic trim etc.. whats best way to remove it.. always has this clay mark and water doesn't get it out.. (or even soapy water...)

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Yes you should use an applicator, just rub into the wax and you should be able to get enough onto the applicator. Generally once you've broken into the surface a bit it will become easier. Alternately you can warm it a bit (just a bit) with a hairdryer or something (or leave it sitting in the sun).

You can use Peanut oil to remove wax from black trim. See HERE.

The ask a detailer thread is probably the best place to post if you have more questions just because it helps keep the clutter down a bit. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.