Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just got my flyer for this years Carlisle Car Show, at the Carlisle fairgrounds. Ive havent been to this show in four years, but im pretty sure im trying to make it down this year. It has been pretty crazy in the past, and actually got kicked out of the fairgrounds for '04, '05, :cheers: :bananahump: :hugglez: :autoxer: :party: :sicmade3: :metalcord: :bash: :loco: lol. Admission is pretty cheap too. I think $40 for the non-judged field (you, your car, and another person, on the show-field for all 3 days) Should be a good time. Check it out; carlisleevents.com for all the details
Add your name to the list if your going

1.pittsburghmazda3

·
Registered
30,738 Posts
hmm......jersey has a meet on the 5th so that probably rules most of them guys out. I know some of the other central PA guys have talked about this......I've never been to it. It's a long way off but if a decent number of members can make it I'd likely be there.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
i go out every year for the all chyrsler nationals. freakin awsome time. i doubt i wanna try and ask off for that weekend but i'll def, keep it in mind.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Sounds interesting. Since I live 5 minutes away, I could always stop over and see what is going on. It looks like it is $20 for general admission. Looks like the $40 is for 2 people for the weekend (I really don;t have anyone else to bring, so that might be a waste...not sure)

pittsburghmazda3 - What did you get kicked out of the event for? :lol:

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
the whole event got kicked out a few years back,lots of umm, lets just say bad behavior by certain groups. but they moved it back just last year i think..

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
[quote author=Maverick9110E link=topic=69122.msg1198531#msg1198531 date=1171075617]
the whole event got kicked out a few years back,lots of umm, lets just say bad behavior by certain groups. but they moved it back just last year i think..
[/quote]

Haha, oops, I thought he was saying that 'he' got kicked out, not the whole event! I guess beer, even in little amounts so far, messes up my thinking :lol:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I've never been to this event before, but I think I'll go this year. For one, I now have an 'in' at Carlisle Events. I know the Senior Automotive Journalist for Carlisle Events. This guy is lucky, he gets to test cars for a living, then write reviews about them. He can get me free tickets to any of the events, so I think that's incentive to go. :) Plus I think I'll go to Carlisle Events more often now whenever they have something going on. Woot! :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maverick9110e, ya your right, last year was the first year tthey had it back at the fairgrounds. LMP180psu, ya- fortunately i didnt do anything to get kicked out lol. The entire town wanted that event kicked out, cause it is a small little town, and plenty of problems arose from all those little dumbasses that show up. I remember a hotel down the road from me had a STEETBIKE BURNING OUT IN THE HALLWAY OF THE HOTEL, among plenty of other things lol. Anyway- when you get lots of teenagers and young adults penned up in that small area, things are bound to happen. Hopefully everyone is a little older and wiser this time around haha.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm so taking off for that. I will go,just that the 4th is dad's bday,but they will probably be out of town anyway haha. I will get back to you,but put me down as a maybe.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'll probably be there in some form or another - with my car or just there to check things out.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
So the event is back at the fairgrounds? I've been there 4 or 5 times for the sport compact and when they moved it to harrisburg, it wasnt the same. Bike weekend and muscle car weekend is cool also.

The Spring nats are at RP the same weekend, and there is a meet there, so I'll be headed to that. I don't think the event will be like the carlisle event of old now, there were too many rules last year when my friend went, there were cops in parking lots telling people to go inside the hotel rooms and checking them for DUI's when they werent even driving.....my friend is 35 and married lol, he was laughing out loud at the people there lol.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
I'm going to try to make it this year, maybe get a few people together and make a trip now that its back at the grounds.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
So who went this weekend? I had plans to go and all intentions, and then Saturday I came down with a Sinus infection and fever, so I was pissed I couldn't go. I'm still fighting the sickness off, ugh.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts