Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan GT
Base Price $21,345.00 $19,922.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional equipment selected
paint - metallic $105.00 $86.00
transmission - 4 speed sport mode AT $1,000.00 $933.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freight+PDI $925.00 $925.00

Air Tax $100.00 $100.00

Totals: $23,475.00 $21,966.00

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the info! I was looking for that. Actually was looking at the Sport GT but the prices are ~same anyway. :D

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Got any info for the GX and GS trims also? :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, but Carcost information is "purchased" by specific year and model type... Thus, my info is good only for the sedan GT.

The GFX package is

> MSRP -$1,095.00
> Dealer cost is -$1,022.00

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I guess I could use the GT MSRP price and invoice price as a gauge for how much they make off the car, eh?

about 1400 dollars CDN...
hmm...

so... GX trim price is 16,195 MSRP... about 1300 off?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you guys think we should get able to get dealer cost price here in Canada? I ask because we all know that in the US, the dealers can do this because they get a lot of cashback from the manufacturer. Just curious if it's the same here or if the dealer invoice here represents the dealer's true cost price for the car.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I used the carcostcanada service for a Sport GT. Here is what I found out:
Base = $20051
AC = $933
Automatic = $933
Paint = $86
..........total = $22003 for Invoice on this model with these additions.

Add:
$140 block heater
$75 cargo tray
$100 air tax
$75 fuel tax
$400 Freight
$525 PDI
$150 Admin Fee

Total = $24268 + 15% taxes = $27908.20

Faxed this to 2 dealers (Dave Wood Mazda in Newmarket and Mid City Mazda in Sudbury) and both accepted to meet this. My "negotiator" at carcostcanada did alot of research and calling to dealers and this was the absolute best he can do.

So, to answer your question, "dealer cost" in Ontario on this model is $22003 and the best I could do is $800 over that using the negotiator.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got quoted for the following:

Mazda3 4-door GT
Manual Transmission
Color=Silver
(No options)

The MSRP including all fees and taxes and transport was $ 22 971.00. They told me he could knock off about $1000.00 and maybe some free window tinting worth $275.

Is it just me or does this look like a better deal? I know you are looking for the Sport and you have other options in there, but I did some calculations and I think this looks like a better deal. If you want, I can call my dealer and find out what the price would be on the car you want.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I forgot to mention in my pricing that although invoice is $22003 on the Sport GT with automatic, AC and including the paint, the best quote I could find was $22803. That was through Cars4u.com. The negotiator for Carcost Canada came back with pretty much the same numbers. I would be very curious to know what other dealers can quote for this model, including the options I listed (Automatic, AC, blue paint). Thank you...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Imwitty, I didn't go to the same dealer where I got my quote, but I did go to another dealer and got a price for you.

Mazda3 Sport GT
Automatic
Air Conditioning
Metallic paint

$ 23 485.00
$ 1 025.00 (prep, transport, and any fees)

Total of $ 24 510.00

So all he told me is to add the taxes and I get the keys.

I didn't ask for the block heater and cargo tray, so if you subtract those from your price, you get $24 053.00. Now of course the quote I got is higher but I didn't do any negotiating at all, I just got the prices he gave me from his pricebook.

So it does seem like you are getting a very decent deal and not getting ripped off.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Since the only thing we can negotiate on is the base price of a vehicle (i.e. Sport GT + automatic + AC + paint = $23590 MSRP, $22003 invoice), I'm very happy to hear that my quote of $22803 was decent! Thank you for looking into this....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere, but does anybody know the Canadian invoice price for a moonroof in the Sport GT? Thanks :!:

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
It's about 90% of the MSRP - good luck negotiating! Just focus in the MSRP - forget about the rest. Seriously - you're wasting time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
xoom said:
I don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere, but does anybody know the Canadian invoice price for a moonroof in the Sport GT? Thanks :!:
I believe the invoice price for options like the moonroof and AC is like 93.3% of msrp.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So for the quote i got for the car i want is for

$27027.92 otd. it's a GT sedan with GFX package.

seems a little high doesn't it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is the carcost report i got on the Sedan GT JUNE 04 2004 Edmonton Canada

MSRP/ Dealer
base price 21,445/ 20,014

package Al00 w/GFX package& leather 1,995/ 1,861
metlaic paint (red/silve/titan) 105/ 105
auto 4speed trans 1,000/ 933

freight&PDI 925/ 925
air tax 100/ 100

total 25,570/ 23,919

the MSRP the Dealer gave me on this GT with GFX and Leather including all charges and tax was 27,550 minus 350 for it being "in stock" (even thought it wasn't, it was just ordered) so final price including all was 27,200cdn and car would come in end of July2004 (webber moters)

called all 4 places to see if anyone would beat this price and had 1 in sooner, and Liduc store quoted me 27,000(tax inc) and 1 in end of june :)
about 25,235 about 6% above dealer, but thats still 1300cdn!

car cost did the "pricing service" and i got a reply from them saying that because there is no stock in city and popularity of car, NO dealers were going to sell below MSRP....and they actually credited me my "pricing service" back

so is this an ok price considering the car is so hard to get now? everything is beind sold before it gets on the boat...

·
Registered
15 Posts
"Premium" price

I too tried CarCostCanada and found that their "premium pricing service" is a waste of time and money. I live in Markham, and gave them a 100km radius to find the best price. They best they could do was $1272 over invoice.... in STRATFORD (!!!). At least their pricing report helped me get $500 over invoice from doing it the old-fashioned way...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mazda 3 price

I went to CarcostCanada and found a dealer in the Toronto area offering a new orange 3 sedan GT/GFX/auto/wheel locks for $750 over dealer invoice. Pretty good i thought, then went to another dealer, told them the price and they said $450 over cost.... done, three days later I have it, and love it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts