Mazda3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ok one question, I saw the caraccessory antennas and I have also seen the Enigma antennas.

Is there really any difference between these two except for the price?

I think the Enigma antennas are rubber, while I think the caraccessory ones are metal.

Pros/Cons ?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
^ There have been two group buys from them; a third is (allegedly) planned.

Welcome!

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Does anyone else have the I Model stubby? I had the black one for about 9 months and it's starting to turn green... :mad: There's a lifetime warranty on these, right?

·
Registered
357 Posts
after only a few months the 3 black plastic rings around the tip of my stubby all cracked and broke off. I emailed carccessory and they said they don't offer any kind of warranty. My next stubby won't be from them.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
I'm thinking about painting mine flat black. I want to get one for my brothers 3 for xmas, any ideas where else to get them? PM me so we don't offend anyone. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
[quote author=DjAura link=topic=12087.msg230956#msg230956 date=1111307061]
just got mine this week with great customer service from carccessory!

no diff. in reception either.

very impressed.
[/quote]

Ditto....I got the B Series 'tapered' which looks great...it's a pull out type which makes it handy maybe in remote areas. But in Orlando, I can't tell any difference in reception. 13 samolians shipped makes it a no brainer :p

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got my X series today. Looks great and there is no signal loss from stock. Can't beat it with a stick for $13 shipped. Also got a 5% off code if anyone wants it. First one gets it.

Coupon Code: 506071283

Dmc3

·
Registered
357 Posts
i'm totally not happy with my stubby i purchased. first the black plastic rings came off and then yesterday i'm going through the car wash and it snapped it off! I don't normally go through car washes, I prefer to do it myself, but sometimes I just don't have to wash my car and I want to get all the salt off it. I'm guessing the antenna became brittle after being out in the sun, and the cloth things in the car wash just snapped it right off. My next stubby will not be from carccessory, unless they want to give me a free one.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I ordered a stubby antenna from them a while back and they forgot to include the shorter screw. I contacted them and they sent it out quickly and free of charge! I would definitely recomend them to others!

Mark

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had the A stubby on my mazda for a while. Up in pennsylvania, i was getting good reception, but back in central jersey, where im picking up philly, NY, and Jersey stations, i notice better reception with the stock antenna. The thing that bothers me the most about all thes stubbys is that they aren't matte finish black, to match the color of the base

·
Registered
35 Posts
[quote author=mazda3strng link=topic=12087.msg1457544#msg1457544 date=1180911242]
I had the A stubby on my mazda for a while. Up in pennsylvania, i was getting good reception, but back in central jersey, where im picking up philly, NY, and Jersey stations, i notice better reception with the stock antenna. The thing that bothers me the most about all thes stubbys is that they aren't matte finish black, to match the color of the base
[/quote]

hmmm... thanks for the input. In light of the above info and some other posts about discoloration and poor quality I think I'll stick with the stock antenna (I really don't think it looks bad and its not worth average reception... not that I listen to the radio all that much).

·
Registered
765 Posts
when i bought my car.. tha kid who owned it B$ me put a stubby on it...

it looks nice.. BUt tha Reception Sucks... I need an OEM one badly... any1 wanna give me theirs .. ill pay for s/h

41 - 60 of 79 Posts