Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
[quote author=LGM3 link=topic=12087.msg366194#msg366194 date=1123568678]
the blue on the o-series does not seem to match the w-blue, i'm still not sure which one to buy silver or black.... i almost wanna risk it an buy the blue one too, just to see how it would look... any suggestions????
i'm gettin the angle adjustable base too :lol:
[/quote]

I decided to not take a chance and went with a safe choice. Now I have a black 2.5" stubby. Doesn't look bad, but the reception has diminished notably. It's cool though 'cause I listen to m CDs more than I do the radio. Also, I don't know how the reception will be when I go to a large city, like NYC. I usually go every weekend, so until then I guess I still won't know.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Just got mine the other day. Very quick service!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a titanium 3. What's better for it, the black or silver stubby? And what size, 2.5 or 3.5?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is the site down? I have been trying to check it out all day and I just keep getting "Internal Server Error"... :?

·
Registered
58 Posts
our website has been down for 2 days because we are switching to another server. It is up and running now. The website has also been totally redesiged, any comment is appreciated :D

Jeff
Carccessory.com

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was able to get on the site today - thanks. :D

I have a couple of questions on the different stubby antenna types. I'm thinking of getting the "I" fixed antenna and one of the extendable antennas as well. I live in a very populated area so FM reception will not be an issue but I do listen to AM quite often and the reception of some channels is kind of weak. The prices are very reasonable - might as well get both and use the one that works best.

1) Which of the fixed and adjustable models match the base on the '06 Mazda3 HB? I'm thinking most about the diameter of the base.

2) It appears that some of the adjustable antennas are pull out types (J and X) and some have three fixed positions (Y and Z). Are these latter ones (Y and Z) adjusted with interchangeable middle sections or do they pull out and lock to the three positions?

3) Anyone have any AM reception experience with these models (I, J, X, Y, or Z)?

4) Do you think that the "J" antenna in the minimum position will be as good as the "I" antenna for either FM and AM?

I'm thinking that one of the the pull outs (J or X) will be the best for my purposes but I'm thinking I still may order both and try them.

Max

·
Registered
30,738 Posts
I like the look of the new site. Everything seems nice and compact but not crowded. I also like colors...too many sites mess up with color....either having too much variety or just the wrong choice.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My 3.5" black stubby has turned color after 9 mos. It is now coppery red. I wonder if it'll still work if I dipped it in some kind of black liquid plastic solution (available in stores).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Shark Fin Antenna
Original
- non-functioning
- Color: Black, Silver

wth? why bother with it then? was hoping to find one, stubby just looks wrong and orig. just flaps around too much at 100mph

·
Registered
221 Posts
[quote author=wings link=topic=12087.msg524836#msg524836 date=1135809517]
My 3.5" black stubby has turned color after 9 mos. It is now coppery red. I wonder if it'll still work if I dipped it in some kind of black liquid plastic solution (available in stores).
[/quote]

it happens on aftermarket (and sometimes stock) plastic
clean it! should come out fine
then, apply armorall or something similar to protect it

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
On my Z-series, the main body and "bullet" tip are black painted aluminum, but the shaft is black painted steel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
hey dave, you wouldnt happen to have a pic of your antenna on ur car would you? I like the Z-series too but i wanted to see it on the car first. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Working on it - bad weather here, so I'll have to find a good place to take the pics. I'll get it set so that you can see all 3 lengths in similar shots. When I'm driving I use the longest one because the radio reception is obviously the best.

Here's a thread I started about checking your radio reception, and it includes pictures:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=33057.0

·
Registered
53 Posts
To sell cool exterior accessories is a good idea, but to sell crappy ones that fade and are not quality made is a rip off!! I hope those that ordered these shorty antennas either get a refund or get a replacement one that is of QUALITY materials (i.e., paint, etc). :x

21 - 40 of 79 Posts