Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have any of you seen these anywhere?

I've seen them on some online stores...but from what i've read it seems like they are made more for the track...

anyone know anything about these, like if they actually are as strong as aluminum?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
cf is vey strong. unless you own a small island or know someone with some $$$$$, then forget about getting them. they aren't readily available.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
my whole car is carbon fiber

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Dymag has been making full CF wheels for motorcycles for years - the problem is that it does not like to flex or "give". On a track or smooth surface no problem, add some potholes, rumple strips, road debris and watch it crack and shatter.

There was a thread about CF wheels a little bit ago - but they werent real it was feaux paint.

Short version = not for street use.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright cool...
i was just wanted to get them, because i want black rims, and thought it would just be a different look...but thanks

·
Registered
974 Posts
wow those are pretty crazy... too bad just the wheels would cost half of a mazda3

·
Registered
223 Posts
gotta keep those clean, clean, clean!

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
i know there are some cheap carbon fiber replica rims out there.

you know that cheap carbon fiber vinyl you see on ebay which is really white/black squares everywhere? Imagine that covering some rims... and you get the picture of what fake CF rims look like.

just be careful and dont fall for those, cause after all the money your friends might laugh at you and anyone who sees your car if they can tell its fake. then you might paint them.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
theres no way you could drive and brake and keep them clean. as soon as you started moving, and broke, brake dust ALLLL up in the inside of that on that plexiglass.

show only for sure. but still very cool.

·
Registered
920 Posts
[quote author=myork link=topic=66572.msg1142134#msg1142134 date=1168411032]
Dymag has been making full CF wheels for motorcycles for years - the problem is that it does not like to flex or "give". On a track or smooth surface no problem, add some potholes, rumple strips, road debris and watch it crack and shatter.

There was a thread about CF wheels a little bit ago - but they werent real it was feaux paint.

Short version = not for street use.
[/quote]

What he said! :p

I have seen a 2 piece CF rim. It had the inner wich was CF and the lip was regular polished steel. If i'm not mistaken, it was an Italien industry that made them. They looked hawt! but it's more of a bling bling factor then accutally fonctional. Your better off finding a good old regular trusty steel rim :p or aluminium! magnisium if your a rocket scientist or something... :p

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
there is a company called RennWorx that makes true CF wheels. The barrels are CF and the spokes are magnesium. I am posting from my phone, so I will have to post a link later.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=66572.msg1142231#msg1142231 date=1168421755]
Nicest rims.. :D

But for 20" variation.. $1800. Per wheel.

Video
http://www.cartv.com/content/resear...n/showvideo/vid/e_0300/vscat/SEMA/vcat/Event/
[/quote]

Thats the most stupidest thing I've ever seen. The whole point of sports rims is the design and how it compliments the car. But that thing is just.........its like paying $1800 for nothing! Like air! You can't see it, but u know its there! PPl just don't have anything else to do with their money.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
those would be sick ontop of ceramic breaks. just my opinion...definately for show though...last i checked plexiglass is pretty heavy...so is stainless steal.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
[quote author=Sky 3 link=topic=66572.msg1151010#msg1151010 date=1168898422]
The whole point of sports rims is the design and how it compliments the car.
[/quote]

...or for the weight, but I have a feeling those guys wouldn't stand up to much abuse on the track either.

Andrew Beard

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote author=Sky 3 link=topic=66572.msg1151010#msg1151010 date=1168898422]
[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=66572.msg1142231#msg1142231 date=1168421755]
Nicest rims.. :D

But for 20" variation.. $1800. Per wheel.

Video
http://www.cartv.com/content/resear...n/showvideo/vid/e_0300/vscat/SEMA/vcat/Event/
[/quote]

Thats the most stupidest thing I've ever seen. The whole point of sports rims is the design and how it compliments the car. But that thing is just.........its like paying $1800 for nothing! Like air! You can't see it, but u know its there! PPl just don't have anything else to do with their money.
[/quote]

i think they look awesome...on a showcar, that won't be driving anywhere

1 - 20 of 23 Posts