Registered
13,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty badass!

Info:
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/03/23/high.tech.cop.car/index.html
Pics:
http://blog.cardomain.com/2009/03/24/the-ride-a-cop-would-kill-for/

300-hp clean-diesel motor, 360-degree flashing LED’s, bullet-resistant door panels, integrated shotgun mounts (!), rear suicide doors, and voice-recognition software that scans and identifies license plates
Also thought it was cool that the backseat is sealed off from the front and is all plastic with drain plugs in the floor. Really pricey though, about 50K for one right now.

·
Registered
27,077 Posts
Here's the thing though... all of the panels are replaceable if in an accident... and most cop cars are damn expensive with everything equipped.

I think it's a great idea! Chrysler might get mad though, as sales of the Charger would rebound to next to nothing.

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its also suppose to be guaranteed for 250k miles... I think current cop cars are under 100k miles, not sure about that though.

Anyway it'll be interesting to see if this car is picked up

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
^ This concept has been around for a while and I'd actually be jealous of cops if they got these :lol:

To be honest, cops are the only agency that don't have specialized vehicles, they're all retrofitted so not only are these better than crown vics and chargers they'll be safer since everything is built in, faster, more economic (diesel motor) not to mention NO civilian can ever get their hands on one since they all go back to the company to be recycled after their terms in service. No more...oh crap is that a cop...no just some idiot in a crown vic or a taxi :lol:

I'm all for these cars honestly! :goodjob:

·
Registered
561 Posts
[quote author=Mr. Speed link=topic=139949.msg3081790#msg3081790 date=1240595447]
^ Quoting myself from above: "NO civilian can ever get their hands on one since they all go back to the company to be recycled after their terms in service"

Would be nice to get one though...:lol:
[/quote]

get caught doing/having something illegal...request that the officer who has that car be the one who picks you up, lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts