Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I seem to be having some issues with my car. Sometimes when I try to start my car with the remote start it will not start. I will then try to start the car with the key and all that happens is that the lights turn on in the car, it clicks when the key gets to the start position and everything dies. The only way I can get my car to start after this is to disconnect the battery, hold the brake down for 15 seconds and reconnect the battery.

At first we thought it was the remote start system, so we replaced it about 2 weeks ago. I have a viper 5901 one. Could it be the immobilizer acting up? If anyone needs any more clarification please let me know. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Yury

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had the same issue with mine except i do not have a remote start system. For some reason these cars seem to have a touchy security system. Under the dash on the drivers side, basically under the steering wheel, there should be a buttom of some sort. it is a security alarm reset button. my car would randomly just not start but everything else worked fine. i had to disconnect the battery and do all that stuff. i pressed that button, and no problems since. been almost two months. hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
501 Posts
i agree that might be your problem i can only think of one time my car was hesitant to start (i also do not have remote start) but, i concluded that it was because it was very cold that day and I had not drove my car all weekend. I have like 67,000 miles on my car so a new battery might be in my future but have not had any other problems since. I think steeda hit the nail on the head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts