Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shell Station car wash at Granville / Buswell in richmond! BEWARE.

First time going into a machine car wash in about 5yrs.. i was careful to take off the antenna already.. BUT.. got my rear wiper arm ripped in half by the damn thing.. it ripped off bit of the arm and the whole blade! Pissed me off.. lucky no more rain for a few days.

They tried to order one for me and no Mazda dealership across Canada has one single rear wiper arm!!

I just wonder .. do they make 1 rear wiper arm for 1 MZ3 Sport ? no spares in their part departments??

Beautiful weather.. but not a good day for me.

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:
NOTE: Moved!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FR3D said:
sucks to hear that man! so the car wash is paying for your wiper?
Yes they are going to.. but no one seems to have it.. so they have to order it.. not only the blade.. but the whole wiper arm has to be replaced.

It's a touch car wash.. i was just lazy to hand wash my car today.. well.. [email protected] happens.

Guess from now on i will either wash my car at home or pay $15 for a hand wash.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I just wash my car :) it's a lot safer.

those brush car washes can do a lot of damage to your paint job. my Corolla's left side door panels are all scuffed up and will need a significant machine job to fix. As a 1985 car, I think I may have to contribute that money to something else.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Sorry to hear that 2k1_bug..... Machine car wash is too risky, not only the one you mentioned.. Go to hand car wash next time. The one near Superstore on No 3 Rd is pretty good.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i usually go to the one in Husky...the new one near Costco in Richmond...or Touch-Less car wash at Esso!! and is not expensive...is $9.99 if u didn't fill up for gas...i think if u fill up 25L...u get the car wash for $7.99..

for the new Husky station in Richmond...they ar giving up coupons...just go in and ask for the coupons...there ar so many free stuff!!! u get $2 off for gas...$1 off for car wash...also, FREE coffee, hot choclate...any size...FREE!!!!

there ar 2 car wash near Richmond Superstore...which one???
i have not been to Pit Lane...but i have been to the other one...is near RUSH...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Don't like the brush car wash as dirt and sand from the other cars may remain on the brushes. When the brushes were moving against your car, they are like sandpaper grinding your paint. It is better to use the touchless car wash....

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I have a car wash near my home. They hand wash your car for $8CDN. at that price it's a bargain. They do a great job also. I like washing mine but here during the winter at -25 it's kind of impossible unless you want to lose a finger lol....

·
Registered
290 Posts
I would never use one of those auto washes -
first they don't do a very good job, second, they tend to break parts off your car, and third, they never do a very god job of cleaning the under carriage of the car which needs the most attention in the winter with the salt issues - some of these washes don't even do the under side!
Take it do a "do it yourself" car wash and do it right - if you have the the "pay by the minute" type, you can actually dry your car if you want to pay the extra 2 or 3 dollars. And please, don't tell me you don't have time - we're talking 20 minutes out of your week.

·
Registered
238 Posts
yeaaa.....i've always preferred just washing the car by myself. Trust myself a lot more than machines.

even when bringing your car to the dealership for some fixing.....they wash it over there themselves.......those guys worry me too
hahaha.......guess i just dont trust anyone with the car.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Absinthe said:
Yuki said:
there ar 2 car wash near Richmond Superstore...which one???
i have not been to Pit Lane...but i have been to the other one...is near RUSH...
It's Pit Lane. It's kinda expensive tho, but they clean thoroughly.
I always go to Pit Lane too.. $15 and they do a good job.. inside and out.

:arrow: BUT.. one time i was lining up.. saw those kids doing the car wash throwing the towels around.. trying to aim at the bucket like NBA.. but a few of them landed on the ground .. picked them up and wiped on cars again (with everything they picked up from the ground!!) .. THAT MADE ME SICK!!! :evil:

For sure i will NEVER ever go to any kind of car wash.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Black7 said:
I would never use one of those auto washes -
first they don't do a very good job, second, they tend to break parts off your car, and third, they never do a very god job of cleaning the under carriage of the car which needs the most attention in the winter with the salt issues - some of these washes don't even do the under side!
Take it do a "do it yourself" car wash and do it right - if you have the the "pay by the minute" type, you can actually dry your car if you want to pay the extra 2 or 3 dollars. And please, don't tell me you don't have time - we're talking 20 minutes out of your week.

only takes u 20mins to wash ur car???
WOW~ :shock: it usually takes me at least 3 hours to wash the car...
i even wash the rims with a toothbrush...and i also polish and wax the car too...
20 mins...that's fast!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
2k1_bug said:
They tried to order one for me and no Mazda dealership across Canada has one single rear wiper arm!!

I just wonder .. do they make 1 rear wiper arm for 1 MZ3 Sport ? no spares in their part departments??
yeah, I've decided that Mazda really decided to rush this car out the door. In doing so, they failed to consider the fact that some of us are on a learning curve (as is the car itself, being new) and forgot that they might need some spare parts in stock when these things happen.

I'd wash my car by hand, if it wasn't sitting in the dealer service lot.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Touchless only!!!! What, do you not care for your car?! Brushes... sheesh!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts