Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,

I've noticed lately that my car seems to shake above speeds of about 45 mph. I only really noticed it in 4th and 5th gear, but ran it up to 50 in 3rd and it started shaking. I hit a big pothole in Boston a few months ago and got a flat because of it. Filled it with fix-a-flat and I've been driving on it ever since. Do you guys think I may have screwed up the suspension or alignment? I checked out the tire and there's no bubble or anything.

Anyone else ever experience this before? Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Two things could be wrong with your car. One you could have a bent rim, depending how hard you hit a bump. Two fix a flat will throw your balance off. I don't like using fix a flat myself although the rx-8s do come with them stock. Due to the fact that they don't have spare tires. Alignment should not cause a vibration. Unblanced tires will. If possible I would recommend getting a 2 new tires. As to changing one will cause a pull due to the differance in diameter of the tire. Or at the very least get your tires balanced.

·
Registered
986 Posts
suspect tire balance or like someone said a bent rim - good tire shop can check it out 4 ya. 8)

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Fix-A-Flat is designed to well.. fix a flat (duh). But it wasn't designed to permanently fix your tire. Get a new tire, an alignment, and balance.. you should be good after that.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
Check the struts and for a bent wheel when you take it for an allignment, take in all the ideas of this thread and let us know what it was.

Since you had this a few months, an allignment would be best at this point.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I found that I had a bent rim today - similar symptoms... not fun. :(

Only upside is that I quickly realized my Mz3 was not behaving normally and took it to be fixed before limping on it for too long and hurting more of the car - or so I hope - results to be announced later today.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
I've been rolling with a bent rim on and off for over 2 years, I know how it is.

·
Registered
391 Posts
could be bent rim or you just need a balance/alignment

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
It probably is a bent rim, I had two at one point and then bent an aftermarket in this car due to the flimsy front suspension banging through potholes.

Any update on this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts